Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Direct Flight To Shenzhen China?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Also airports in China have some huge and slow lines at immigration, i am almost sure that if i land on HKG at the same time that you land on SZX and we race to get to an hotel near the Center of Shenzhen i will get there before you
I would take you up on that bet in a heartbeat.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by olmvp
Does United, or anyone else, offer a direct flight to Shenzhen China from the US west coast? Did a search but couldn't find one and don't want to stop in Beijing.
UA to TPE then connect to SZX on CI, CZ, etc. You only do passport control once, when you arrive in SZX.

Last edited by Peregrine415; Mar 19, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:21 pm

Or maybe find a cheap fare to Shanghai, then budget carrier Spring Airlines to Shenzhen, or HK.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 889
Or maybe find a cheap fare to Shanghai, then budget carrier Spring Airlines to Shenzhen, or HK.
I would never connect in Shanghai on purpose (unless the $ saved was fairly substantial).
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by olmvp
Thanks for the fast replies. I was told traveling by car would easily take several hours total though
From Hong Kong Airport to Shenzhen by car would be about 40 minutes to the border and then the time to get to wherever you need to go in Shenzhen. HK is a fast airport with good immigration clearance and plenty of transport options. There are also buses from HK to Shenzhen and heaps of other public transport, although a taxi would only be about HKD250 to the nearest border (Shenzhen Bay Port, next to Tuen Mun).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:02 am

Lots of transfer options from Hong Kong. I used to live in Dongguan and cross that border all the time, is relatively painless but delays can happen and buses don't usually leave on time.

Another way to go would be to transit in another non-Chinese city. Seoul Incheon has direct flights with Korean and Asiana and is an easy airport to transit in. Not sure if the connection timing will work though.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
When need to travel to China (Shenzhen or Guangzhou) i will always try to fly HKG (just twice flew to CAN), you can take buses, ferry or trains and be on those citys in less than 2 hours.

For SZX you can only fly from 2 citys and only 1 fly from each city, so think on conections and the layovers that you may have. Compare that with the 5 flys that you have from LAX to HKG on Cathay or AA.

Also airports in China have some huge and slow lines at immigration, i am almost sure that if i land on HKG at the same time that you land on SZX and we race to get to an hotel near the Center of Shenzhen i will get there before you

Last .... i have emerald status on OW..... and just love to visit some of the lounges on HKG
Originally Posted by moondog
I would take you up on that bet in a heartbeat.
All in! PABLOCO: What is your chip total?

moondog: Want a ride in the company car?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
HKG is way better, I always like to take a taxi from HKG to Shenzhen bay, which is about 30 minutes ride, walk across the border and then get another taxi. HKG is like the local airport for Shenzhen
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:54 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Xiamen Air had a direct flight from SEA, and starting in July Air China will have a direct flight from LAX.
^

Air China applied with DOT for authority to operate between Shenzhen and LAX.

CA plans to initially operate service 3x weekly using 293 seat 787-9 effective July 6th per below proposed schedule.

MoThSa
CA769 SZX-LAX 2330-2125
CA770 LAX-SZX 2350-0530

OST-2017-0024
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:42 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Unless the ferry is an option - and perhaps, even then - I'd do a non-stop from the US to SZX. For advice on getting from SZX to various parts of that city, including by a designated metro line, check here.

Doing the border crossing thing is a real drag.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by fauxreals
You will win for sure. Even with my OWE buggy waiting for me at the gate, and taking the echannel line, it will still take 20 minutes from plane door open to sitting in my car. Add an hour to drive across LoWu which is, I think 90 minutes is the fastest best case scenario to get to downtown shenzhen from HK airport. Bao an airport to downtown could take just 60 minutes on a good day.
Is there any OWE buggy? I guess that depends on the airlines, not for CX - I think their arrival buggies are only for paid F passengers. I never got one even as a CX DM, and not even when I got upgraded to F (I never bought a CX F ticket). I don't know about AA (the other OW airline flying TPAC to HKG).

I believe the rest of the analysis is correct though.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:56 am
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiftaw
starting in July Air China will have a direct flight from LAX.
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
CA plans to initially operate service 3x weekly using 293 seat 787-9 effective July 6th
Any idea when this flight will go on sale? Don't see it yet. Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:24 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
10 May 2017 09:00

Air China in recent schedule update once again removed planned Shenzhen – Los Angeles route from the system, previously scheduled from 06JUL17. The airline originally intended to offer this route 3 times a week, with Boeing 787-9 aircraft. Reservations for this service never opened despite schedule filed in the GDS and OAG.

Previously filed schedule as follow.

CA769 SZX2335 – 2125LAX 789 146
CA770 LAX2350 – 0530+2SZX 789 146

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.