Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

China visa duration tied to length of itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

If I apply for L visa showing flight tickets and hotel booking that indicate only a 3 day stay in China before flying out to Hong Kong, is it possible that they will only give me a visa with 3 days duration of stay instead of standard 30 days?

Would I be able to explain that I might change the date of the flight to HK, so I would like 30 day duration?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Anything is possible. By the way, what compelled you to post two new threads on the same topic? It's much better for all if you adhere to the forum rules. In fact, both of your new threads are probably best suited for the master visa thread (to which, you have also posted).
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

I posted two new threads because they are two entirely different questions. If I post them both in one thread, the headline cannot be as specific. That would make them harder to find for anyone who searches in the future.

The Visa Master Thread is a great way to get your post lost in the mass of posts there, as the posts are on all kinds of different topics related to visas.

I ask these questions because I am contemplating different visa scenarios and trying to get info to help me decide.

Sorry if I broke forum rules.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Just get a 10 year visa for the same price and not worry about it.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by sori
I posted two new threads because they are two entirely different questions. If I post them both in one thread, the headline cannot be as specific. That would make them harder to find for anyone who searches in the future.

The Visa Master Thread is a great way to get your post lost in the mass of posts there, as the posts are on all kinds of different topics related to visas.

I ask these questions because I am contemplating different visa scenarios and trying to get info to help me decide.

Sorry if I broke forum rules.
On another part of FT, you recently posted about getting a 52-page passport. Obviously you have a US passport. In which case, the above poster's advice is apt. Stop fooling around trying to work with TWOV and agonizing over various configurations of itinerary plans. Apply for the 10-year multiple entry Chinese visa with 60 days per duration of stay, which is now the general standard for issuing tourist visas to US citizens. Normally you only need to provide application supporting documentation for the first entry/itinerary/exit, which may be 3 days, 30 days, or more. If you are thinking about trying to get a lesser quality visa in another country's passport (assuming you're a dual citizen) because it is cheaper, that's probably a false economy if you ever decide in the next decade to visit or even pass through China after this initial venture.

As an aside, you'll find on this forum that we rarely "lose" posts even in lengthy conversations like the TWOV and Visa sticky threads, so there was no need to start a separate thread conversation for your rather common issues/dilemma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.