Chengdu Business class lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond

Hi,

I will be traveling with China Southern airlines on business class and was wondering what kind of lounge facilities should I expect. Are there any locker facilities in CTU? is the airport and lounges open 24/7?

I have a very early flight (8:00 am) out of CTU to PEK and planning to go downtown for a fun night (any pubs and party recommendations would be appreciated) I'm not sure if I should get a hotel room or just go to the airport directly from the city (around 3 am or so) it doesn't make any sense to get a hotel room if I have no intention of using it for sleep anyway....

Also, my hotel for the first night (crown plaza panda) offered to pick me up for a fee of 380 rmb which seems outrages to me, is it a normal price?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Can't comment on the lounge, but you should get a hotel and use taxis. If you get to the airport by 7, you have nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taxi from the Crowne Plaza City Center to the airport just cost me 70 RMB. Get a room for that night, you'll never know if you need to put it to use ;-)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Taxi from the Crown Plaza City Center to the airport just cost me 70 RMB. Get a room for that night, you'll never know if you need to put it to use ;-)
Thanks, but I'm actually staying in the other crown plaza, the one next to the panda research base.
How was the crown plaza city center?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Given your plan I would swerve it and sleep as late as possible before having breakfast at the hotel. You will have priority check in and security so at that time in the morning you should be from kerb to gate in less than fifteen minutes.

The T2 CTU lounge is actually quite nice and has an informal sleeping area with some comfy loungers, though I'm sure like most lounges it operates first - last departure policy. Can't recall lockers but possibly showers. Food is poor, quite a good drinks selection.

The 380rmb offered by the hotel is not too bad by Hotel Limo standards though horribly overpriced of course in comparison to a taxi.

Edit: Sorry skimmed and missed you are staying at Crowne Plaza Panda.... Ouch that couldn't be any further across town from the airport, about 40km's. Also a fair way in and out of town for your night out. I would advise having an early night and saving your energy for a night out in Beijing the next day!

Last edited by LOUDNOISES; Mar 30, 2015 at 1:02 am
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm in the CA lounge in T1 (int'l) now and just want to give you an idea of what it's like. It's a tiny space with maybe 30 seats total (and most grouped together so no privacy). There are 2 semi-private rooms with 2-3 wicker-style seats each. Some rather unappetizing snacks are in stock; no hot food.

It was empty at 7am and was fine for me. Wifi is fast. But with more people it can easily get crowded. Then again CTU isn't a busy premium airport (I don't think) so might be OK.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:34 am
Original Poster

I was in CTU a few weeks ago and went to a nice hotel nearby, my impression of the lounges:

China southern lounge: Very small, just like CA, maybe 30 seats but grouped in smaller groups. no hot food, just some pre-packed snacks: nuts, cookies, tofu, crackers. they have a coffee machine and very nice selection of Chinese tea, all the western drinks available: coca-cola, sprite, water, fanta, juices etc... fast wi-fi and fairly empty for a morning flight (I was the only pax in the lounge until 7:30 and then two others arrived).

China eastern lounge: much larger the CZ, more modern design and a wider selection of food and drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.