Two day trips from Beijing if you have seen already the most regular

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two day trips from Beijing if you have seen already the most regular

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Thumbs up Two day trips from Beijing if you have seen already the most regular

Hi all,

recently when I was in Beijing again I had unsuspected two days off. I like to see new things, history and so but what todo if you have seen most things twice?

I came up with the following two:
- Ming Tombs: ok these are quite famous but to be honest not that interesting unless you are really into the history. Which I am partly. Interesting is that at one of the tombs you can actually go inside the tomb and see the underground palace. This is quite interesting!

- Pekingman site: Didn't see any westener here and the people there also look like what is this guy doing here. There is a small museum and you can walk the site where the pits are where they discovered these over half a million year old skulls and other artifacts. Do not go here on your first trip to china, but do if you have the time! The history is quite interesting.

check my full story and photos here:
http://www.christravelblog.com/china...-national-day/
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:20 pm

IMHO the Ming Tombs are a waste of time. It really depends on what you have already seen. There are a tons of secondary places to see such as the Marco Polo bridge along with the adjacent museum plus many other interesting places. For example, very few people go to the National Museum even though it is right next to Tian'Anmen.
Also with 2 days (assuming that you can leave Beijing and not on a TWOV), Chengde is a good option.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by JPDM
IMHO the Ming Tombs are a waste of time. It really depends on what you have already seen. There are a tons of secondary places to see such as the Marco Polo bridge along with the adjacent museum plus many other interesting places. For example, very few people go to the National Museum even though it is right next to Tian'Anmen.
Also with 2 days (assuming that you can leave Beijing and not on a TWOV), Chengde is a good option.
Agree fully! But Chengde if during the morning you know you have 2 days.... it's possible but better that one planned and stay overnight too.

I travel Always on a normal visum so that i can leave beijing (or any other city with a TWOV) when i want. and normally also on a double entry just in case.

another nice 2 day (1 night) is Datong. Did that back in 2013. the Grottoes, haning monastery and the mountain are really great.
See here: Datong from Beijing 2 day tour

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.