Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

PEK Hilton or Langham Executive Lounge worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG

Just planning to book one of them, any input as to who has a better executive club lounge experience? We arrive around 4:30pm, so will need to eat and have some drinks that evening, just relax after a 12 hour flight and leaving for BKK @ 6:40am, so probably should be at airport around 5, so won't be able to enjoy breakfast unfortunately. Is it worth the extra money? I have no elite status with either one.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:54 pm

Never stayed at Langham but have stayed at Hilton many times. Not sure of your travel dates, but the difference between a standard room and exec level looks like it is around 400-450RMB. i guess you would need to consider whether getting a regular room and spending 400RMB in the lounge/restaurant at the hotel might not get you a better bang for your buck. For me the room on the exec level is not significantly better than the regular rooms.

While the lounge offerings are nice, you might come out better paying for dinner and drinks in the restaurant and just get a standard room.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by xooz
Never stayed at Langham but have stayed at Hilton many times. Not sure of your travel dates, but the difference between a standard room and exec level looks like it is around 400-450RMB. i guess you would need to consider whether getting a regular room and spending 400RMB in the lounge/restaurant at the hotel might not get you a better bang for your buck. For me the room on the exec level is not significantly better than the regular rooms.

While the lounge offerings are nice, you might come out better paying for dinner and drinks in the restaurant and just get a standard room.
That what I was trying to figure out, do you know what sort of food/wine offerings they have. Is it enough to have a full dinner or just canapes and drinks? Any champagne/sparkling wine?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:33 pm

My recollection is that they have quite small plates with about a bite of something tasty. So to make a meal of it you end up with a table full of little plates. There was probably a couple of larger items, but it has been a while so it's hard to recall. Wines and beers, I don't recall whether there was something sparkling or not. Hopefully someone with recent experience can comment.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Langham is a significantly better hotel. Club serves Champagne and hot dishes, amongst other, for happy hour.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Langham is always gonna be better than a Hilton. The lounge at langham is worth the upgrade IMHO.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Langham is always gonna be better than a Hilton. The lounge at langham is worth the upgrade IMHO.
I've never stayed at either but from an f&b and other common areas standpoint I prefer the Hilton. Lounge can be passed on tho (unless you're into tiny plates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.