Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

day pass accessible airport lounge in beijing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

is there an airport lounge in beijing airport that i can buy a day pass to use?

thx!
cb
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
is there an airport lounge in beijing airport that i can buy a day pass to use?

thx!
cb
Which terminal? What is the time frame of your layover (i.e. duration and time of day)? What non-airport options have you considered?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
There is NO lounge in BJ that I would consider shelling out cash for. Internet is free throughout the airport, regardless. The food in the lounges is mediocre at best. Outside the lounge, the food options are not fantastic, but not worse than the lounge. The airport is rarely so crowded that one can't get a seat outside the lounge. The only possible reason is to have a shower, but I think one can even go to a 'rent a shower' place.

tb
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:41 pm

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...l?city=Beijing
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:43 pm

Both are really sad places (like TB suggested).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by moondog
Which terminal? What is the time frame of your layover (i.e. duration and time of day)? What non-airport options have you considered?
I don't know if he'll be back to answer those questions.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23702431-post3.html
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by trueblu
There is NO lounge in BJ that I would consider shelling out cash for. Internet is free throughout the airport, regardless. The food in the lounges is mediocre at best. Outside the lounge, the food options are not fantastic, but not worse than the lounge. The airport is rarely so crowded that one can't get a seat outside the lounge. The only possible reason is to have a shower, but I think one can even go to a 'rent a shower' place.

tb
While I agree the lounges aren't great, I see advantages, such as comfort, some degree of quiet, unlimited food/drink (granted it may be hard to eat too much), more comfortable seating, tables, and plugs all as possible reasons to pay some cash. (referring to T3 Air China business lounge)

Not sure it's possible to do, however, on a one-off basis, but Priority Pass does seem to cover the Beijing Airport lounges. And given note of the OP's frequent questions on this topic, perhaps that's a program worth looking into (no relationship, no recs on service).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by drewguy
While I agree the lounges aren't great, I see advantages, such as comfort, some degree of quiet, unlimited food/drink (granted it may be hard to eat too much), more comfortable seating, tables, and plugs all as possible reasons to pay some cash.
If you're going to spend money anyway, why not just go to the Hilton, which is several orders of magnitude more pleasant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.