Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Tried Nanjing Metro New Lines?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
I myself would love to do that but there still aren't many international flights and it makes it nearly impossible for me to fly directly from overseas from where I'm used to coming from. I usually connect in Beijing and catch the 5:45pm or 8:45pm Air China to Nanjing. I used to fly into Shanghai and do the late feeder flight to Nanjing for international connections at 9:50pm but it is ALWAYS late.

There's been ongoing talk about the airport adding more international flights, even to North America. Maybe with the new terminal (Pretty nice, arrivals baggage pickup area notwithstanding) it would be great to see it happen.
Why not take the HSR between Shanghai and Nanjing instead of domestic flights? Peak hour frequency is 15mins and fastest time is 1 hr to reach Nanjing.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kitsura
Why not take the HSR between Shanghai and Nanjing instead of domestic flights? Peak hour frequency is 15mins and fastest time is 1 hr to reach Nanjing.
You're overlooking:

1) the hour that it takes to get from PVG to either Shanghai Stn or Hongqiao Stn
2) the possibility that you might end up waiting for an hour+ to get a seat on a train
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by moondog
You're overlooking:

1) the hour that it takes to get from PVG to either Shanghai Stn or Hongqiao Stn
2) the possibility that you might end up waiting for an hour+ to get a seat on a train
Even landing (from HKG, HND, GMP etc.) at SHA T1, it does indeed take a considerable time to get to the other side of the tarmac to T2 and the HSR station.

NKG and Nanjingnan form a very competitive combo for all of us that have business and other obligations in the provinces. Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang at your doorstep and rather easy to get also to Shandong, Hubei etc. by HSR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.