Wiki Posts
Search

PEK airport lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

PEK airport lounge

Not sure where to post this question.

Flying into PEK for a layover from IAD on UNITED in First. Then onward journey to BKK on THAI in Business (was First but Thai change aircraft that only has Business as highest class).

Which airport lounge can I access in PEK? And which do you recommend?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:09 pm

You should be able to hit the Air China First class lounge on the top floor. I flew that route via Business and was able to goto the Business lounge.

Can't speak for the 1st Class lounge, but Business was pretty good.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Lounges are pretty similar, and are the only two choices - Air China First or Air China Business. Both are in T3, where you'll arrive (and pretty sure Thai departs from).

First class lounge is a bit less crowded, has sleeping rooms, and showers (or more showers). May have food service for a longer period too, but it's very similar in both places.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Thx guys
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewguy
Lounges are pretty similar, and are the only two choices - Air China First or Air China Business. Both are in T3, where you'll arrive (and pretty sure Thai departs from).

First class lounge is a bit less crowded, has sleeping rooms, and showers (or more showers). May have food service for a longer period too, but it's very similar in both places.
I think TG passengers might have access to the BGS lounge as well (I know SQ does). While the BGS lounge doesn't hold a candle to the CA lounge, I find that it is generally less crowded and the internet is faster (this is a relative thing; it is still slow if you're used to internet in the US).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by drewguy

Yes both the Air China business and first lounges are very similar. First has slightly better food, and the bar is higher quality. But otherwise not much different. Internet is really slow in both.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by mikelcf
Internet is really slow in both.
Thanks Jingjing and Chacha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.