Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever use visahq.com to get a visa for China

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Anyone ever use visahq.com to get a visa for China

I'm going to China in July, and I live in NH, so the nearest consulate is NYC. Since I don't want to take a trip to NYC just for this, I've been looking at the different services that can do this for you. After looking around, visahq.com seems decent. Anyone have any feedback, or any other recommendations?

[UPDATE:] I ended up using mychinavisa.com based on the recommendations here. They were quick, and no problems. Though one odd note, we applied for a single entry tourist visa, I was given two entries, and my wife was given multiple entries. It's a bit odd that our visas were processed together but given a different number of entries.

Last edited by tacostuff; Jun 10, 2010 at 9:59 am
Old May 23, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've used www.mychinavisa.com with good results. In fact, they have my passport right now for a new China visa. I think I found out about them from FT.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: various
Like JC, I also use mychinavisa.com (through the Houston office). They've done a great job for me in the past and I've gotten what I've asked for. I also have a new visa application in with them right now.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
Like JC, I also use mychinavisa.com (through the Houston office). They've done a great job for me in the past and I've gotten what I've asked for. I also have a new visa application in with them right now.
I'm using the SFO office this time, since I thought it was a bit closer. I think their fees were $3-$4 higher than the last time, but still seemed a reasonable amount of turnaround time.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:49 am

VisaHQ.com

I have been very happy with VisaHQ and their service. The online application process was easy and their pricing is among the best I have seen. I also received coupons from them and information regarding special offers.

Highly recommended and I really appreciated the e-mail alerts regarding the progress in my visa application.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AA
I used mychinavisa

I used http://www.mychinavisa.com/ for my wife's tourist Visa and they were quick and efficient. (4 days) For my business Visa my company used Claire M Teasley Passport and Visa Consultants and we mailed the passport on Monday to their office and received it back on Wednesday (3 days).

Both were about the same fee, but non-business Visas are not eligible for same-day service by the Chinese Consulate. I'm not sure whether they enforce this or not, but that is what their web site says.
Old May 25, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: various
Reporting back: Today (Tuesday) just received my passport with new visa back from mychinavisa Houston office. Got what I requested: F business 12 month multiple entry with 90 days per entry. Agent received my application last Tuesday, so one week turnaround back in my hands is great. I used standard nonrush service and cheapest (2-day) fedex return. They actually had the passport with visa back from the Consulate on Friday and shipped to me then.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for posting these. So one can mail it to the company to handle without having to apply in person for the "interview" at the embassy?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks for posting these. So one can mail it to the company to handle without having to apply in person for the "interview" at the embassy?
As a US citizen, it was quite easy to get my Chinese visa using the mychinavisa place. I paid for standard service, $43, plus the embassy fee, $130. They delivered exactly when they said they were going to, with no problem.

I just mailed in the documents required, passport photo, and an invitation letter. Pretty easy.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

I just mailed in the documents required, passport photo, and an invitation letter. Pretty easy.
I thought the invitation letter was only required for people doing business in China? Do tourists have to get one as well?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I thought the invitation letter was only required for people doing business in China? Do tourists have to get one as well?
no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.