Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Good hotel to catch live blues or jazz on overnight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

I'm overnighting this Thursday (Oct 2), and looking for suggestions on a hotel to make it easy to catch some live jazz or blues. I've been to the Green Mill and Kingston Mines before and loved them both, but open to suggestions. My flight out the following day is at 14:00. A 3 star is fine with me, no need for anything fancy.
Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Chicago Hilton is a block away from Buddy Guy's Legends. Blue Line to LaSalle and walk or Blue Line to Red Line to Harrison and walk.

Andy's Jazz Club could be conveniently reached from many Hilton family properties on both sides of the river. Blue Line to Clark/Lake and walk.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The Chicago Hilton is a block away from Buddy Guy's Legends. Blue Line to LaSalle and walk or Blue Line to Red Line to Harrison and walk.
Less fancy Congress Plaza Hotel, Essex Inn and Travelodge Chicago Downtown are also close to Buddy Guy's. If you're in the mood for jazz that evening, check out Jazz Showcase a couple of blocks away from Buddy Guy's.

ETA: Just noticed that OP's timeframe has already passed. Ah well...maybe the info would be useful to others.

Last edited by legalalien; Oct 6, 2014 at 5:36 pm Reason: Late post!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:32 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by legalalien
check out Jazz Showcase...
agreed!

Everytime I've been to Andy's it has been jazz light or smooth jazz. Which is ok but not the jazz I want to see/hear.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by legalalien
Less fancy Congress Plaza Hotel, Essex Inn and Travelodge Chicago Downtown are also close to Buddy Guy's. If you're in the mood for jazz that evening, check out Jazz Showcase a couple of blocks away from Buddy Guy's.

ETA: Just noticed that OP's timeframe has already passed. Ah well...maybe the info would be useful to others.
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
agreed!

Everytime I've been to Andy's it has been jazz light or smooth jazz. Which is ok but not the jazz I want to see/hear.
These are two different places.

Andy's Jazz Club is at 11 E. Hubbard close to North Michigan area.

The Chicago Jazz Showcase is at 806 S. Plymouth in the old Dearborn Station (accessed a half block South on Plymouth) and is indeed just about 2 blocks directly west of Buddy Guy's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.