Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Article with suggestions

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/thing...ater-show-2014
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:13 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by glg
ITYM 3/4 mile, not 3 miles.
Ha! You're right. I was using Google Maps, which confusingly says that if you're driving from North Avenue Beach you should go up to Fullerton and then turn around before heading to the Drake. That makes much more sense.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Ha! You're right. I was using Google Maps, which confusingly says that if you're driving from North Avenue Beach you should go up to Fullerton and then turn around before heading to the Drake. That makes much more sense.
Ah - this explains something I've puzzled about for years.

On of my regular routes takes me up LSD to Fullerton. Literally, every time I go through there someone exits northbound LSD, only to get right back on southbound. It never made sense.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:52 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
Ah - this explains something I've puzzled about for years.

On of my regular routes takes me up LSD to Fullerton. Literally, every time I go through there someone exits northbound LSD, only to get right back on southbound. It never made sense.
And while I've never pulled out of the North Avenue Beach drop off, I've driven past it approximately 1 zillion times. Drivers can go NB on LSD, SB on LSD, SB on LSD local or west on LaSalle. Why would you tell someone to go NB on LSD if their destination was south?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:25 pm
glg

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
And while I've never pulled out of the North Avenue Beach drop off, I've driven past it approximately 1 zillion times. Drivers can go NB on LSD, SB on LSD, SB on LSD local or west on LaSalle. Why would you tell someone to go NB on LSD if their destination was south?
Can you get onto outer LSD SB? I pretty much never drive around there (bike/walk/bus instead), but a look at sat view looks like a left turn lane coming off the beach, but it's a pretty hard left to the outer dr onramp, normal left to inner LSD. Maybe getting to outer LSD is technically not allowed and difficult if there's traffic?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glg
Can you get onto outer LSD SB? I pretty much never drive around there (bike/walk/bus instead), but a look at sat view looks like a left turn lane coming off the beach, but it's a pretty hard left to the outer dr onramp, normal left to inner LSD. Maybe getting to outer LSD is technically not allowed and difficult if there's traffic?
Yes, and legal but a hard left when going westbound. I actually suspect people go up to Fullerton get back on LSD and then exit at North avenue to avoid the CF that's the exit by the beach when going northbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.