Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nato Summit May 19-21

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ords
Without giving the store away, almost all VIP, VVIP and support staff flights will have already been precleared. Flights are scheduled a "Slot" time to arrive, offload and then the move the aircraft using a "follow me" vehicle to an assign parking spot.

If you take a look at a runway map of ORD, 32R/14L, 27R and mega hold pad (AF1 will park there) up north are the designated parking areas.

Yes, the FBO area will be used as it gives the easiest access to 190 and the Kennedy.

Normally when AF1 arrives, arrivals and departures stop for a short amount of time. This will happen for him, but it sounds like when any other HoS arrives, it will be business as usual for flight ops.
Thanks.

I understand there are security issues about many of the details.

But, I've seen VIP aircraft parked in that area before. And there are decent places for spotting. picture taking, etc nearby.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
]But, I've seen VIP aircraft parked in that area before. And there are decent places for spotting. picture taking, etc nearby.
I wouldn't count on it. They had Higgins closed this afternoon (for how long, I don't know, I just know I was trying to get home and they closed it with no warning).
Old May 18, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by JAaronT
I wouldn't count on it. They had Higgins closed this afternoon (for how long, I don't know, I just know I was trying to get home and they closed it with no warning).
Oh well. Maybe you can get in off Bessie Coleman Drive (if it is open)

I found out today that there is a special UA1895 tomorrow from BRU to ORD on a 744. Seems they are taking as many staffers and others in at one time as they can. Maybe some of the lesser VIPs as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.