University of Wisconsin Lodging Recs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

University of Wisconsin Lodging Recs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Question University of Wisconsin Lodging Recs?

I need about 20 rooms near campus, 2 beds per room (queen or full's are fine), inside hallways, under $100/room, May 18-22. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Roy

Last edited by sactoroy; Jan 6, 2011 at 11:49 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. Thats graduation weekend no?

Best bet for cheapness is prob gnona be staying east side near I-90.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:48 am
Original Poster

No, spring commencement is the weekend before, thankfully. We're hopefully going to a science competition on campus.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:22 pm

My parents have always been quite happy with the Holiday Inn Express on John Nolan. We are planning a May trip right now and I think my dad was quoted $89/night except for commencement weekend itself.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
Maybe submit your request at hotelplanner.com?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Well thats good news its a week later as that would be a tough order to fill, the closest hotel to campus area I can think or would be a Doubletree off Johnson I think there are some smaller unknown/single spot hotels/chains. There are a few in the downtown loop area, the Madison Concourse which I have stayed at is right by State and a good 15-20min walk to the memorial. There is also a Hyatt place off W.Wash which is about equil distance. Lots will depend on where your event is.

Personally if you are looking for a pure pricepoint hotel. I still think places off I-90/E.Wash you can prob negociate cheaper but then just drive in or take the bus.

Oh there is a Best Western by the UW-Hospitals i thinks
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cliff_rock
Maybe submit your request at hotelplanner.com?
Thanks for the suggestion, never heard of the site, but it's working out perfectly. Multiple bids and much cheaper than what I have been able to find online at other places. ^^^
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
Glad that's working out. I know Marriott has their own "small meeting" portal as well.

Once you start getting beyond say 1-4 rooms, you need to get into the realm of the sales team that wants to win your business, versus the Rev Mgmt nerd trying to squeeze the last dime out of mass demand.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
If you can't find anything downtown, there are several relatively new hotels on the west side (Middleton) only about 15-20 min from campus.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Can UW get you their local government rate? I stayed at the Hilton downtown for well under $100/nt for weeks on UW's rate. You might call and ask the property if not - they were quite nice to deal with IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.