Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

If We Go To War, how will AirTravel be impacted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:22 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Iraq's U.N. ambassador, Mohammed Aldouri, warned on Wednesday that Muslims around the world would attack American facilities if the United States invaded his country.

He told Reuters in an interview he did not believe such outbursts, from Indonesia to the Middle East, would be coordinated but would form a spontaneous response to an invasion.

"Certainly United States interests will be endangered in the Arab world and the Muslim world. I am certain of that," Aldouri said. "They cannot accept that a whole country will be attacked." </font>
In as much as Aldouri's statement amounts to a call to arms for muslim extremists, how do some of you feel it might impact air travel? Will we face increased security overseas? What about here, what do you think the TSA will do? How should we prepare ourselves if we must travel abroad? Thoughtful comments would be appreciated.

Old Jan 30, 2003, 2:27 pm

You should be able to find out this information from the State Department in reference to the level of security in other countries
Old Jan 30, 2003, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tsadude:
You should be able to find out this information from the State Department in reference to the level of security in other countries</font>
I was not looking for the official party line, I'm interested in the views of people who travel frequently and for a discussion of the potential issues and obstacles. Thanks anyway.

Old Jan 30, 2003, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/009350.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.