Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

L-3 Requests Increased Bandwidth for TSA Scanners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TSA

http://www.radiomagonline.com/fcc/00...scanners/37466
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:35 pm

This should be an obvious approval (and probably will be) - one must wonder if the current model is even appropriate for low power levels at such extremely high frequencies. You simply cannot interfere with anyone up that high with low power transmissions, the signal is blocked much too easily at such a high frequency.

I imagine they're simply trying to tune their system for the best detection results. No big deal really. Also, they're not looking bandwidth FOR the scanners, in that they're trying to carve out a dedicated band. They're looking permission to operate them in a wider band WITH COMMITMENTS TO PROTECT EXISTING USERS (like I said, mostly bureaucratic - there's no way these scanners would interfere with any licensed user).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.