Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

MSP: 'Public at risk' because of retaliation [by TSA Management]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

'Public At Risk'

MSP in the news again. Drew Rhoades states that conduct of TSA management puts the public at risk. The conduct referred to is retaliation by TSA management against those who report security violations. At MSP the FSD Cliff Van Leuven is under investigation by the Office of Special Counsel for ordering Rhoades transfered as retailition against an unknown who reported issues at MSP.

Reporter: "And you think around the country directed reassignments are used to punish people in TSA?"
Rhoades: "No doubt. It's happened in many cities."

"Marcene Grabenbauer, Van Leuven's former executive assistant, who pointed out security and policy violations to her boss. ... Van Leuven tried to fire her, but it was rescinded, she has since resigned."

Reporter: 'If management is so afraid of retaliation they won't blow the whistle if they see something wrong with security?"
Rhoades: "I agree, unfortunately that puts the public at risk."
Reporter: 'It puts people at enormous risk if you have managers of TSA who are afraid to speak up?"
Rhoades: "I would agree with you, unfortunately."
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:24 am

And there's the new guard, senior managers who come from the airline industry, like Van Leuven, who was in charge of customer service for Frontier and Northwest. They are more obsessed with wait times at check points than security.
Since it all for show any way, those senior managers should be concerned with wait times. Keep passengers waiting too long to be groped and you will have very unhappy passengers who could either stage a mini revolution in line or make flight crews' lives pretty miserable.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
MSP? Damn, I drive right by there.

Also, Van Leuven? What is that, Dutch?

It's like Todd Gack.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Since it all for show any way, those senior managers should be concerned with wait times. Keep passengers waiting too long to be groped and you will have very unhappy passengers who could either stage a mini revolution in line or make flight crews' lives pretty miserable.
I disagree.

This is all about 'growing' the organization and its already bloated budget.

Double the wait times, wait for the screams, and then claim that reducing wait times would be a security risk. Neffenger's proposed solution, of course, will be to double TSA's budget and hire more screeners, LTSOs, STSOs and BDOs to stand around jacking their jaws and playing with their cellphones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.