Wiki Posts
Search

Agents just staring at people

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Agents just staring at people

On my trip to BWI the and back today the lines to check ID;s were long at both CLE and BWI, both airports had a TSA agent just staring at people, not doing anything productive. Why can't they help process people instead by checking ID;s.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
On my trip to BWI the and back today the lines to check ID;s were long at both CLE and BWI, both airports had a TSA agent just staring at people, not doing anything productive. Why can't they help process people instead by checking ID;s.
BDOs never do anything productive.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Thousands Standing Around.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
They have to concentrate *really* hard while they do the BDO voodoo. They are, after all, highly trained professionals.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep -- a SPOTNik was adding up your points. They were "cyphering" because they "done gradiated sixth grade!"

Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm curious, what happens if you just stare back?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Rendition.

Originally Posted by Kate2015
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
"... if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Rendition.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:59 am

Seriously, that's probably on the list of suspicious behaviors.

Along with scratching, yawning, laughing, crying, declining direct eye contact and breathing.

OT, just once I had a particularly offensive groper - at PHX T2, of course.

She restarted my grope several times because she insisted I maintain direct eye contact. I looked in her eyes, as instructed. When she got very close to reach her arms to my sides to put her hands in my waistband, I lost eye contact. She stopped, pulled back, folded her arms and said we'd have to start all over again.

She must have practiced that cr*p a lot, because personally, I found it very difficult (abnormal, actually) to maintain constant eye contact - particularly when the individual in question is kneeling in front of me and has just groin-chopped me hard enough to make me cry out.

Last edited by chollie; Nov 4, 2015 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chollie
Seriously, that's probably on the list of suspicious behaviors.

Along with scratching, yawning, laughing, crying, declining direct eye contact and breathing.

OT, just once I had a particularly offensive groper - at PHX T2, of course.

She restarted my grope several times because she insisted I maintain direct eye contact. I looked in her eyes, as instructed. When she got very close to reach her arms to my sides to put her hands in my waistband, I lost eye contact. She stopped, pulled back, folded her arms and said we'd have to start all over again.

She must have practiced that cr*p a lot, because personally, I found it very difficult (abnormal, actually) to maintain constant eye contact - particularly when the individual in question is kneeling in front of me and has just groin-chopped me hard enough to make me cry out.
Uh....why did she insist you maintain eye contact?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:08 pm

Uh....why did she insist you maintain eye contact?
I never got an answer. I've heard the spiel countless times and been groped countless times and never once been told I had to maintain eye contact throughout the spiel and grope and I've never heard of anyone else being told to do so.

I'm not confrontational by nature, and I go out of my way to be compliant and cringing at the checkpoint. PHX T2 is obnoxious to folks with any kind of medical issue, particularly anyone who can't use the NoS, but this was the worst physical experience I ever had.

After the fifth (yes, fifth) restart, I started shaking and my chest started hurting. She groin-chopped me really hard, I yelped and doubled over. I stopped her and asked for a supervisor and the police. I asked for the police because I didn't want any cr*p about her being the supervisor or a supervisor not being available.

Frankly, I was terrified at that point. The TSO told me the cops would arrest me, I felt trapped, my chest was hurting and I didn't have my nitro pills with me.

The supervisor said that the moat dragon was wrong, that I was not an 'opt out' and should not have been selected for a grope. I have had the misfortune of flying through PHX T2 many times, and the supervisor was flat out lying about that, but I wasn't stupid enough to point it out. Then she announced that she would conduct the grope (that she had just told me never should have happened). The police were there and watched.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:23 pm

I never got an answer. I've heard the spiel countless times and been groped countless times and never once been told I had to maintain eye contact throughout the spiel and grope and I've never heard of anyone else being told to do so.
I imagine the groper took great delight at being able to see your suffering. She sounds like a psychopath to me.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
The police were there and watched.
... and did nothing.

And they wonder why they are hated.

Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
... and did nothing.

And they wonder why they are hated.

Believe it or not, I got a good cop that time - in PHX, no less.

He stood quite close and shifted his position as the supervisor moved around me during the grope.

Perhaps he was staring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.