Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Poll: 87 percent of frequent flyers unhappy with TSA (Flyertalk & FBTM Magazine poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll: 87 percent of frequent flyers unhappy with TSA (Flyertalk & FBTM Magazine poll)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ou81two
I work with a lot of people who travel a lot. I don't hear the complaints about it. We have real jobs and important things to do.

The tin foil hat wearing anti-government types seem to be bothered by TSA though many don't even fly.

Frequent flyers get to skip a lot of what happens with security.
Familiar with why voting in private doesn't always align with polling data?

Whether someone hears the complaints or not, whether or not the dissatisfaction is communicated to known acquaintances in a workplace environment, the dissatisfaction of frequent flyers is whatever it is while the infrequent flyers and non-flyers tend to be more supportive of the TSA.

Frequent flyers mostly don't get to skip what happens at the TSA screening checkpoints. Being allowed to sometimes keep your shoes on your feet, liquids in your carry-on, and laptops in a bag? That is not the same thing as skipping a lot of the TSA security theater -- especially if you are very frequent flyer.

I work with a lot of people who fly a lot too, and at work most are less likely to publicly criticize governmental actors than they are in other forums and/or via what they believe to be less public channels than a workplace environment.

Silence does not equal support, although many a jackbooted governmental thug thrives on intimidation and silence of the public that may otherwise not support them.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
The tin foil hat wearing anti-government types seem to be bothered by TSA though many don't even fly.
That's absolutely hilarious.

Several people who are most critical of TSA on this forum are current or former employees of a government (US or other), and proud of it. They have (or had) "real jobs", unlike the travesty that is TSA.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
That's absolutely hilarious.

Several people who are most critical of TSA on this forum are current or former employees of a government (US or other), and proud of it. They have (or had) "real jobs", unlike the travesty that is TSA.
Indeed. It's not like criticism of the TSA is treasonous, whatever its apologists and some wing-nuts would have some people believe. The criticism of the TSA is the due responsibility of a citizenry that is dedicated to the country even in the face of bureaucratic ineptitude, bureaucratic waste and bureaucratic hostility that negatively impacts the citizenry it is supposedly there to serve.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
IMHO, a good employee (at TSA or anywhere else) won't take criticisms of a poorly run organization or unprofessional colleagues personally.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Infrequent flyers seem more supportive of TSA theatrics.
It depends on the frequent flyer. Some of us have real issues to deal with and have jobs that matter. The 5 minutes it takes me to get through security doesn't really matter to me.

Should this bother you that much, don't fly.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:00 pm

It depends on the frequent flyer. Some of us have real issues to deal with and have jobs that matter. The 5 minutes it takes me to get through security doesn't really matter to me.

Being treated with respect and without degradation and humiliation by the TSA should be extremely important to all travelers, even you.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP

This is one of the most arrogant, condescending posts I've seen on FT so far. Since the bar is set pretty high already, that's saying something.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:41 pm
Suspended

The TSA gets the criticism it deserves, more so from more frequent flyers than infrequent flyers. Is your hope that criticism of the TSA will suddenly turn into support for the TSA as frequent flyers become infrequent flyers? Either way, once the public observes governmental waste in action, support for governmental waste doesn't tend to rise the more a person sees the waste. Why would the TSA be an exception ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.