Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DHS Secretary doesn't trust the TSA's strip search machines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DHS Secretary doesn't trust the TSA's strip search machines?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regardless, We, The People, will pay dearly for this. That's how things work these days in the United States of America.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by GUWonder
"But it was fake plastic explosives."
"And there are 19 other layers anyway so it doesn't matter."
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
"And there are 19 other layers anyway so it doesn't matter."
I thought it was TSA's 20 Layers of Obscurity.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:51 pm

I agree that if the machines are not trustworthy (which many on this forum have known to be the case for years), they should take them away. My concern about doubling them up with metal detectors is that it may put more pressure for them to install the non-trustworthy machines at the many airport checkpoint lanes that still only have metal detectors.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's all Kabuki Theater, folks. Always has been, and likely always will be.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:24 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by guflyer
I agree that if the machines are not trustworthy (which many on this forum have known to be the case for years), they should take them away. My concern about doubling them up with metal detectors is that it may put more pressure for them to install the non-trustworthy machines at the many airport checkpoint lanes that still only have metal detectors.

So, now I've got a mental image of what the TSOs will be faced with doing when the lines for the MMWs back up, and the WTMDs are on the other side of the MMW so they can't "randomly" allow some passengers to go through the WTMD instead of the MMW in order to "speed up the line." Poor dears...imagine the confusion that'll be in their minds.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KDS

So, now I've got a mental image of what the TSOs will be faced with doing when the lines for the MMWs back up, and the WTMDs are on the other side of the MMW so they can't "randomly" allow some passengers to go through the WTMD instead of the MMW in order to "speed up the line." Poor dears...imagine the confusion that'll be in their minds.
CPH airport has gone the way the DHS Secretary is inclined to go: WTMD first for all with a high proportion also directed to the strip search machines right after using the WTMD. The Smiths Detection equipment at CPH works more smoothly for passenger screening flow than the strip machine stuff so commonly in use by the TSA, but it slows things down at CPH too, especially compared to the hiking up of the "random" alarms for WTMD use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.