Wiki Posts
Search

You Can Now Yelp Review the TSA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
You Can Now Yelp Review the TSA

You can provide a Yelp review of the TSA. It will be interesting to see if the reviews are productive or not (and if the TSA responds). Only 2 airports are in the program so far (LAX and Long Beach) but I imagine it will expand. Right now, both airports have 2 and 2.5 stars respectively according to the article.

Here is the link to the story: http://abc7.com/technology/you-can-n...n-yelp/943552/

Some of the reviews are hilarious.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Carly Fiorina gives TSA a one star review on Yelp"

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/1...eview-on-yelp/

How in the world did they get a whole star?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Oh, good, another outlet for them to ignore.

Mike
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Oh, good, another outlet for them to ignore.

Mike
But Officer Mikeef...........
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Just checked yelp and TSA at ORD is there. How do I know if it's "official" or not? Anyway, 2 stars!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I don't use Yelp but I wouldn't want posts with my name on it posted on an online forum that any TSO could access. I wouldn't put it past a petty TSO searching out comments after coming across a "troublemaker" during a shift and then using it for "revenge".

Then again my last complaint to DHS about a specific TSO's actions got me a letter from Premier Obama about how it's important that more Americans are buying American made cars. That's the last time I'll use the term Works Progress Administration in a complaint letter.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Aug 20, 2015 at 9:45 am Reason: change cards to cars.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
But Officer Mikeef...........
Thank you for addressing me by my new title. I feel validated by your show of respect. For now, I do not feel the need to exercise the minimal amount of power that I have.

O Mike
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
That's the last time I'll use the term Works Progress Administration in a complaint letter.
Perhaps next time you can reference the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I don't use Yelp but I wouldn't want posts with my name on it posted on an online forum that any TSO could access. I wouldn't put it past a petty TSO searching out comments after coming across a "troublemaker" during a shift and then using it for "revenge".

Then again my last complaint to DHS about a specific TSO's actions got me a letter from Premier Obama about how it's important that more Americans are buying American made cars. That's the last time I'll use the term Works Progress Administration in a complaint letter.
It wouldn't be a petty TSO, it would be an HQ task force, gathering names, putting them on a file, cross-checking to see if anyone with a similar name had GE or Pre (because they won't have them any more).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:56 pm

Here's a list of all the TSA Yelp listings, courtesy of Google.

ETA: Carly Fiorina's review is here. Yelp removed it as "not recommended".

Last edited by saizai; Aug 20, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:57 am

I had my water bottle taken once (it was in a side pocket of my carryon and I had forgotten about it - so one of the yelp comments caught my attention.

"they take my water and put it in the "potential bomb disposal unit" (trash can) which is mere feet away from all of the patrons. If they thought they were bombs, you would think they would have a better method of disposal."

Does make you wonder.......
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jane42
I had my water bottle taken once (it was in a side pocket of my carryon and I had forgotten about it - so one of the yelp comments caught my attention.

"they take my water and put it in the "potential bomb disposal unit" (trash can) which is mere feet away from all of the patrons. If they thought they were bombs, you would think they would have a better method of disposal."

Does make you wonder.......
And something that TSA will not speak about to the public. They know that dangerous liquids are not being found at TSA Checkpoints yet they continue the idiocy of confiscating harmless LGA's and tossing them into common rubbish bins right at the checkpoint.

Would a person (or organization) tossed suspected explosives into trash bins right where they work if they thought there was any risk?

TSA does!

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Aug 21, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
And something that TSA will not speak about to the public. They know that dangerous liquids are not being found at TSA Checkpoints yet the continue the idiocy of confiscating harmless LGA's and tossing them into common rubbish bins right at the checkpoint.

Would a person (or organization) tossed suspected explosives into trash bins right where they work if they thought there was any risk?

TSA does!
Someone posted a comment at the TSA blog not too long ago stating that the TSA tests all liquids before disposing of them.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Someone posted a comment at the TSA blog not too long ago stating that the TSA tests all liquids before disposing of them.
I doubt that is true but even if it is what about the time these items spend in trash bins right at the checkpoint.

Aren't they potentially dangerous at that time or not?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I have a screen name on Yelp - my real name isn't part of any posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.