Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

CNN:"Sleep-deprived, medicated, suicidal and armed: Federal air marshals in disarray"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CNN:"Sleep-deprived, medicated, suicidal and armed: Federal air marshals in disarray"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No one is forced to be an Air Marshal.

As far as rewards, Federal Air Marshals receive their base salary, 25% of their base salary for Federal Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP), and travel expenses.

And a last point, FAM's are part of TSA.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
No one is forced to be an Air Marshal.

As far as rewards, Federal Air Marshals receive their base salary, 25% of their base salary for Federal Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP), and travel expenses.

And a last point, FAM's are part of TSA.
IOW, they're living large and paid for standing watch. Cry me a river if they feel it's too much to handle.

Plenty of people have it much harder every day and many don't enjoy the great pay and perks the FAMs get.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to mention that at least one of each team is riding first class.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Not to mention that at least one of each team is riding first class.
Listening to the complaints, it sounds like none of these whiners ever served in combat in the military.

I can just see a combat soldier whining to his CO about long hours, not enough sleep, boredom standing watch - without a comfy seat, IFE, regular meals and beverages, high pay + bonuses and perks.

Yeah, right.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by chollie
Listening to the complaints, it sounds like none of these whiners ever served in combat in the military.

I can just see a combat soldier whining to his CO about long hours, not enough sleep, boredom standing watch - without a comfy seat, IFE, regular meals and beverages, high pay + bonuses and perks.

Yeah, right.
And yet, there are numerous posts in Travel Buzz about traveling for work and it's not considered glamorous.

Just saying.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
And yet, there are numerous posts in Travel Buzz about traveling for work and it's not considered glamorous.

Just saying.
Fence, greener grass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.