Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Oakland TSA terrible

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Is Oakland TSA terrible

Twitter says is is, and I have to agree. I hate TSA in OAK.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/20/th...rough-twitter/
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Is it TSA itself, the people going through security, or the overall system at Oakland? It is a very different mix of airlines and passengers than SJC or SFO.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
I've gone through OAK about 10x in the last 2 years. I have 0 complaints. Perhaps it's the hours that I fly, always Saturday or Sunday, leaving around 8PM on WN. There was only a wait time of 10+ mins once, all other times less than 3.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
I think part of it is that OAK is such an old airport that's just not set up for post-9/11 style security.

I've seen the T2 security line backed up well into baggage claim on multiple occasions. Whenever I take WN I usually clear security at T1 and walk over. It's usually much quicker unless the Norweigan or Hawaiian flights are leaving.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
moving thread to Travel Safety and Security

Thanks
squeakr
co Mod TS/S
Mod SFO
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:45 pm

Isn't asking what airport has the worst tsa like asking what water treatment plant has the worst smelling sewage?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheOneTheOnly
Isn't asking what airport has the worst tsa like asking what water treatment plant has the worst smelling sewage?
Exactly.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:41 pm

Is Oakland TSA terrible?

Yes. It's the worst in Cali. And that is saying something when LAX is in the mix.

The facility is not designed well. Rather than do their best, the staff of bumbling idiots with personality disorders finds the worst combination of facility inefficiency and rudeness. After 10 years they still can't figure out there's a mad rush about 5:30 every morning.

At least they have perfected the art of finding water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.