Wiki Posts
Search

Transit at Kuala Lumpur

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Transit at Kuala Lumpur

Hello

I wanted to book a connecting flight from Delhi to Singapore, with a 2- hour layover at KUL.

Since I have been issued an IPA letter (single-entry) from ICA (Singapore Embassy)which serves as a visa to enter Singapore, my Student pass with multiple entry visa will be issued after I reach Singapore. I hold an Indian passport
I was perplexed as to will I need to hold a transit visa or any such thing when I change flights (both being Malindo Air) at KUL.

This is my first time flying international, so I am not acquainted with Checkpoint authorities and airport entry related issues.

Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by monhinz
Hello

I wanted to book a connecting flight from Delhi to Singapore, with a 2-hour layover at KUL.

Since I have been issued an IPA letter (single-entry) from ICA (Singapore Embassy)which serves as a visa to enter Singapore, my Student pass with multiple entry visa will be issued after I reach Singapore. I hold an Indian passport
I was perplexed as to will I need to hold a transit visa or any such thing when I change flights (both being Malindo Air) at KUL.

This is my first time flying international, so I am not acquainted with Checkpoint authorities and airport entry related issues.

Thanks
So, you're flying India-KL-Singapore on an Indian passport, and you have a visa to enter Singapore? So long as the transit in KL is <24 hours, and you're staying within the klia2 low-cost-carrier terminal (which I believe is the only one Malindo Air uses at KL), you should be fine. TIMATIC, which is the database airlines use for visa requirement information, says:

National India (IN) /Embarkation India (IN)
Transit Malaysia (MY) /Destination Singapore (SG)

Malaysia (MY)
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets for a max.
transit For details, click here time of 24 hours, arriving at and
departing from Kuala Lumpur (KUL). (SEE NOTE 51542)
NOTE 51542: It is not permitted to transit between Main
Terminal and KLIA2.

All this being said, can't hurt to call Malindo Air to confirm before you book.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I have just contacted Malindo Air and they will be reverting back soon.

Apart from that is there a forum/place where I can check the reviews of international carriers? And if you have any flying experience with Malindo Air, would you recommend it?

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.