Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Two loaded guns found at Sky Harbor

http://azc.cc/1BEgQZi

You can't bring a guns at checkpoints. It's not permitted. Leave the guns at home. You don't want to get trouble.

Last edited by N830MH; Mar 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I should hope they were loaded. Unloaded ones are useless except maybe as a tobacco peg.

(Obscure reference to old saying used in a very specific area by old people that are knowledgeable of both guns and tobacco pegs. Like me.)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH

http://azc.cc/1BEgQZi

You can't bring a guns at checkpoints. It's not permitted. Leave the guns at home. You don't want to get trouble.
Is that all????
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Leave the guns at home.
Why would I leave my guns at home?

In any case, this is a non-event.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I should hope they were loaded. Unloaded ones are useless except maybe as a tobacco peg.
They make good hammers.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Is that all????
Yes, that is all.

Originally Posted by dimramon
Why would I leave my guns at home?

In any case, this is a non-event.
Yes, you have to leave a gun at home. Don't bring along with you. You could get into big trouble.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael El
They make good hammers.
In that case, it better be unloaded. In the case of hammering, it pretty much messes it up for its designed purpose. If used as a tobacco peg, after a good cleaning, it is still good to go.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

In that case, it better be unloaded. In the case of hammering, it pretty much messes it up for its designed purpose. If used as a tobacco peg, after a good cleaning, it is still good to go.
It all depends on what you are hammering. I knew a fellow who was a bouncer in a Chicago bar many moons ago. One of the customers that he bounced returned to the bar with a Saturday night special. The bouncee unloaded the pistol into the bouncer's chest and forearms. The bouncer grabbed the then unloaded pistol from the bouncee and gave him a good hammering. The bouncer survived, but the bouncee didn't!

However, I am sure the pistol still required a good cleaning.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:45 pm

Gun owners like to remind people that there are responsible gun owners. Perhaps. Those who can't remember that one can't pack heat when flying aren't among them.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Gun owners like to remind people that there are responsible gun owners. Perhaps. Those who can't remember that one can't pack heat when flying aren't among them.
Thousands of people have carry permits, me included. 30 or so, according to the monthly report, are caught with guns at the checkpoint and it is unknown what percentage of those caught are permit holders.

I would say the percentage of responsible permit holders or gun owners exceeds the percentage of responsible TSO's but that would be a guess.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I would say the percentage of responsible permit holders or gun owners exceeds the percentage of responsible TSO's but that would be a guess.
Is that really the benchmark you want to use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.