Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent US passport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Urgent US passport

Folks

I'm helping my nephew in NYC whose passport expired and is due to travel on Tues. He's 7 and his passport expired back in April

What's the best way to get a new passport turned around on Monday itself? Are the instructions in this link the best option or is there another one I should be following?
http://travel.state.gov/content/pass.../new-york.html

Thx
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That's the best one. Lucky he is in NYC. One of the parents should call right now. It won't be a problem getting a passport by the end of the day tomorrow if travel is on Tuesday AM and by Tuesday AM if the travel is later on Tuesday.

His parents should be able to obtain a passport tomorrow. They will pay fees for expedited service and may need to spend the day getting things done. All of the forms they need are available online and they should print them and complete them tonight. Passport photos ought to be available onsite or thereabouts. They should follow the directions carefully and bring proof of the Tuesday travel.

Remember that for a minor's passport, there is a special form signed by both parents and that if the child only has one parent that documentation of the reasons for that, e.g., adoption papers, divorce decree, death certificate (of other parent) must also be provided.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

thx so much - they are at the office

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.