Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Wikileaks: CIA on passengers "surviving" secondary inspections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wikileaks: CIA on passengers "surviving" secondary inspections

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by thesaints
If you are stationed stateside you can indeed use a diplomatic passport only for official travel. It has to be kept under lock and key otherwise.

"Lock and key"? you have been reading too many spy novels.

its in the drawer with all the other travel stuff.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
My official passport is in my filing cabinet, along with my other travel documents, but I am OCONUS. The official passport only allows me to re-enter the country of my duty station; if I want to go elsewhere on vacation, I have to use my personal passport (in which I also had placed my residency permit). However, some agencies do require that the official passport be held by one's boss.

Last edited by essxjay; Jan 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm Reason: readability
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thesaints
It has to be kept under lock and key otherwise.
Tell that to the folks I know who travel under one. I've seen it sitting on their desks at home plenty of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.