Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Man Found Sleeping in Jetway at SAN Airport, Tries to Sneak onto a Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Man Found Sleeping in Jetway at SAN Airport, Tries to Sneak onto a Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

After 6AM this past Sunday, a man wearing an airline safety vest was discovered sleeping inside a jet bridge at San Diego Airport. When an airport employe tried to questions him, he evaded the employee, made his way back into the terminal, and then attempted to board a Houston-bound United flight.

Airport workers follow him from Gate 46 (where he was found sleeping) to Gate 38 (where the UA flight was boarding) and alerted the police. He was taken into custody and questioned. He's hid his ID near the jet bridge where he'd been found sleeping so at first pretended to be someone else. His used Delta boarding pass was also discovered and revealed that he'd arrived in San Diego from Atlanta on Saturday evening.

Scot Jordan Fenton spent the night inside the hiding inside the airport undetected by airport security. He's now facing both trespassing charges and charges for giving false information to police.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/26372187/m...o-board-flight

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Las-Veg...272636891.html
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How did he get through at security??!? Why he is in San Diego for? I have no absolutely idea. He should have to leave from the jetbridge. The airlines employees did not know what happened to him. He didn't leave from jetbridge. How embarrassing I am. I just wondered how did he flew to San Diego? I wasn't sure why the airlines that did not see him at the jetbridge.

Last edited by N830MH; Aug 26, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
He went through security in ATL, and flew in to SAN on Saturday. Then, he stayed in the terminal overnight. No need to clear security in SAN, though the TSA typically tries to get pax to go landside even if they're staying in the airport IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.