Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Sovereign Citizen Dennis Marx, who assaulted a Georgia Courthouse, was a TSA Employee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sovereign Citizen Dennis Marx, who assaulted a Georgia Courthouse, was a TSA Employee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:00 am

Does his status as a Sovereign Citizen make this an incident of terrorism?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
I hope so...

If somebody can find the infamous domestic terrorism document from the DHS that was either leaked or FOIAd a couple of years ago, we can easily find out if they were listed along with various animal rights and Pro Life groups.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I hope so...

If somebody can find the infamous domestic terrorism document from the DHS that was either leaked or FOIAd a couple of years ago, we can easily find out if they were listed along with various animal rights and Pro Life groups.
I could not find that, but the Southern Poverty Law Center purports to track US domestic terrorist and violent racist acts since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Seven acts by "sovereign citizens" through June 2014 are on the list.

Last edited by Schmurrr; Jul 13, 2014 at 12:50 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Schmurrr
Or an "act of war" since he's supposedly a separate national entity unto himself?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Or an "act of war" since he's supposedly a separate national entity unto himself?
Would that make it count as "state-sponsored terrorism"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.