Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate Screening in ANC today?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Gate Screening in ANC today?

I flew ANC-SEA this afternoon on DL2436. The flight was scheduled to depart at 3:30 and I left the Board Room at 2:55 and arrived at about 3:00PM. My aircraft had arrived at the gate at 2:45 (I watched it from the AS Board Room). I immediately notice 2 TSA with a cart for extra screening but they were off to the side but with the rubber gloves on upon arrival at my gate. There was a minor delay in boarding due to having to clean the aircraft but when they called the F cabin, I boarded and TSA was still way off to the side.

So, why were they there? Did they do extra screenings on Y PAX? We eventually got out on time even with the late boarding so I find it odd that they were even in the gate area. Very odd!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson
I flew ANC-SEA this afternoon on DL2436. The flight was scheduled to depart at 3:30 and I left the Board Room at 2:55 and arrived at about 3:00PM. My aircraft had arrived at the gate at 2:45 (I watched it from the AS Board Room). I immediately notice 2 TSA with a cart for extra screening but they were off to the side but with the rubber gloves on upon arrival at my gate. There was a minor delay in boarding due to having to clean the aircraft but when they called the F cabin, I boarded and TSA was still way off to the side.

So, why were they there? Did they do extra screenings on Y PAX? We eventually got out on time even with the late boarding so I find it odd that they were even in the gate area. Very odd!
Nothing new as this thread shows

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...gg-merged.html

This is what happens when you have a bloated overstaffed agency

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.