Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Money smuggling at BOS

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by chollie

Interesting item in TSA's official response: TSA randomly inspects airport and airline workers as they enter or work within the secure area.

Really? What do you screen a restaurant worker or lounge employee for? Do they do residue tests? Gropes?

Does this ever really happen?
Yes it does happen! TSA as well as the private firms at the airports sit on the sterile side where employees enter and they check backpacks, luggage, hands, liquids, ID's etc. The private firms will screen TSA officers the same way too. If a TSA officer refuses the search, they are out of a job. You would be surprised at what turns up!
Old May 31, 2014, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by eyecue
Yes it does happen! TSA as well as the private firms at the airports sit on the sterile side where employees enter and they check backpacks, luggage, hands, liquids, ID's etc. The private firms will screen TSA officers the same way too. If a TSA officer refuses the search, they are out of a job. You would be surprised at what turns up!
Hey, eyecue! Good to see you!

Thanks for the info - I never knew this.

You are right, I would be surprised if contraband showed up. I've heard TSOs complain about how ignorant the flying public is because they show up at the checkpoint with large bottles of shampoo and a can of soda and don't know the rules. There's really no excuse for an airport or airline worker not to know what's acceptable and what isn't, IMHO.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by eyecue
Please, by all means, enlighten us. What sort of prohibited items do TSOs carry into the sterile area, and how many of them have been caught by these random searches and actually had their employment terminated?

Specific examples would be nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.