Search

International transit at Guangzhou (CAN) very easy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
International transit at Guangzhou (CAN) very easy

Last month I had an international transit at CAN for the first time. Having previously transited at PEK and PVG I was mentally prepared for a minor inconvenience (immigration with special desk as transiting without visa, customs, landside, immigration and security).

Instead I was pleasantly surprised. CAN has a special transit desk where BP or ticket and passport are very quickly checked. That is all. No extra security. No double handling. The whole process takes a minute if there is a queue or just seconds if no queue.

Just about the quickest and easiest international transit you can get anywhere.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Checkin luggage couldn't be checked through

My flight was business class SQ SIN-CAN and NH CAN-HND on an AC award all on 1 ticket. During check-in at SIN, I was told my check-in luggage won't be able to check through to NH due to some sort of restriction in CAN and had to exit immigration to retrieve the luggage and check-in at NH counter.

When I reached CAN, I saw the transfer lanes while passing through to the arrival immigration counters. It seems to be quite simple as mentioned by Kiwi Flyer so I guess the transit is only feasible for people with no checked baggage?

I wonder if it's a CAN problem or an SQ problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.