Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Article: The TSA is wonderful, we're all just anti-union.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Article: The TSA is wonderful, we're all just anti-union.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Cool Article: The TSA is wonderful, we're all just anti-union.

For some really amazing reading on how politicians across the spectrum made the TSA public enemy #1, read "TSA and Pigs".

And if you if believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you...

[Mods: I know there's a news forum, but the content of the article seemed to fit here]
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"In a way, it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. 

For the past three years, a vicious PR campaign has demonized and dehumanized TSA screeners. Launched by the libertarian-right, this smear offensive sought to equate the TSA in the public mind with the worst people imaginable: Nazis, rapists, gropers, child molesters and sadistic enforcers of a police state."

The TSA's brought this image onto themselves since Day 1. Where's this loony author been?

Hey, Yasha Levine! Don't quit your day job [whatever that is], you hack.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
For some really amazing reading on how politicians across the spectrum made the TSA public enemy #1, read "TSA and Pigs".

And if you if believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you...

[Mods: I know there's a news forum, but the content of the article seemed to fit here]

I think Yasha Levine is confused about all things TSA.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
There is a certain disturbing elegance from a writing that makes one stupider just by reading it.

This one succeeds on several levels. It defies analysis. I can not even work up an intelligent refutation.

I want the time back that I lost from increasingly short remaining life, but it is gone forever.

To save others, I will summarize.

TSA is fine. It has been demonized by right wing lies because right-wing nuts hate the fact they are union. The left joined with them unwittingly because of the lies concerning the constitutional issues.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

Last edited by MikeMpls; Nov 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm Reason: removing all my recent TS/S content since any effort here seems to be unappreciated
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Whatever side of the debate you're on, that article gets the prize for being one of the dumbest, most retarded essays ever written.
"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:12 am

Whatever side of the debate you're on, that article gets the prize for being one of the dumbest, most retarded essays ever written.
Turns out that dislike of the TSA is bipartisan!

Originally Posted by the linked article
But while this anti-TSA campaign was created by the libertarian-right, it was enabled and strengthened by the left.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:26 am

"Turns out that dislike of the TSA is bipartisan!"

That's funny, but also an intriguing point.
When I had a kerfuffle with the TSA and it made many websites,
I wondered which side (right or left) would support me. Both did.
How common is that in an era where everything comes down the the Red
49% versus the Blue 49%?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
There is a certain disturbing elegance from a writing that makes one stupider just by reading it.

This one succeeds on several levels. It defies analysis. I can not even work up an intelligent refutation.

I want the time back that I lost from increasingly short remaining life, but it is gone forever.

To save others, I will summarize.

TSA is fine. It has been demonized by right wing lies because right-wing nuts hate the fact they are union. The left joined with them unwittingly because of the lies concerning the constitutional issues.
Thank you for saving me a few minutes of my remaining lifetime! ^

Bruce
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:39 am

I haven't looked at the article, but since it was posted on a site with the URL NSFWcorp.com, I wouldn't expect serious journalism.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the Obamacare mess giving TSA some relief from public scrutiny?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
I haven't looked at the article, but since it was posted on a site with the URL NSFWcorp.com, I wouldn't expect serious journalism.
It seems to be one or two layers above the TSA Blog in clarity and realism.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Is the Obamacare mess giving TSA some relief from public scrutiny?
Actually the link to the article was on Yahoo's front page, right next to Miley Cyrus smokes a joint, FWIW.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Nov 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I have to admit, I read this bit in the OP's linked article

"In its opening stages, the PR campaign was driven by a grand alliance of right-wing media outlets, Koch-funded advocacy groups, libertarian operatives, warmongering neocons, neo-Confederates and Christian homophobes."

and thought to myself, "But those are all the same thing, just on different days of the week."
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was against TSA long before the workforce was unionized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.