Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mabuk dan gila
APC Locations: ATL AUA AUH AUS BOS CLT MDW ORD DFW DEN DTW DUB YEG FLL IAH LAS LAX MIA MSP YUL NAS JFK EWR MCO PHL PHX PDX RNO SLC SAN SFO SEA TPA YYZ YVR IAD

Eligible persons at all APC airports: U.S. and Canadian passport holders and international visitors from Visa Waiver Program countries are eligible to use APC kiosks. Visa Waiver Program visitors must have Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTA) approval prior to travel and have visited the United States on at least one occasion after 2008.

Eligible persons at some but not all APC airports: US permanent residents might be eligible to use APC kiosks at LAX, SFO, ORD, DTW; probably more by now.
Print Wikipost

US CBP Automated Passport Control

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
My main question is if having had a green card that then expired since the last time in the US would matter?
Technically, she should file a form I-407 to formally abandon permanent residence. If she doesn't, even if she has abandoned her status (and would not be allowed to reenter the country with the expired green card), some database somewhere may have her recorded as a permanent resident, which would preclude ESTA issuance.

In theory, anyway. In practice, while she might slip through the cracks, any database issues at CBP tend to punish the traveler.

If I were in her shoes, I'd just file the I-407. She's already abandoned permanent resident status, so she doesn't lose anything. It avoids CBP database issues, and also helps establish non-immigrant intent when she tries to enter on an ESTA (or a non-immigrant visa) in the future.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-407
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:52 pm

Does LAX have kiosks for visitors with ESTA? I have a German passport and will be flying in directly from FRA. I've been to the U.S. many times with my current passport, but had to renew my ESTA for this upcoming trip. Is it still considered "returning ESTA?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Alex71
Does LAX have kiosks for visitors with ESTA? I have a German passport and will be flying in directly from FRA. I've been to the U.S. many times with my current passport, but had to renew my ESTA for this upcoming trip. Is it still considered "returning ESTA?
Yes ESTA are able to use kiosks, at least in LAX TBIT. They do say you need to have visited USA previously on the current ESTA.

However, my most recent visit it would have been quicker using non-kiosk lines. It took over 60 minutes to clear immigration using the kiosk (and another 20 minutes to clear immigration), despite only 1 minute of questions once in front of the officer.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes ESTA are able to use kiosks, at least in LAX TBIT. They do say you need to have visited USA previously on the current ESTA.

However, my most recent visit it would have been quicker using non-kiosk lines. It took over 60 minutes to clear immigration using the kiosk (and another 20 minutes to clear immigration), despite only 1 minute of questions once in front of the officer.
Great, thank you!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by Alex71
Returning ESTA=same passport, not same ESTA. You are "returning ESTA"

I went through this Airport on 13 January (Tom Bradley terminal) after arriving from Zurich and waited 10 Minutes for the Kiosk and then 10 minutes for the booth, while the non-Kiosk line was well over an hour. After the Kiosk I was asked 7 questions and then got the stamp on the receipt and in the passport
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does anyone know which terminals at JFK have APCs?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:42 am

A friend on a B2 visa and non-ESTA passport (Thai) just reported going through the APC machine at JFK. Is this a new feature? Can't seem to find any mention of it on official web site or elsewhere.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by br2k
A friend on a B2 visa and non-ESTA passport (Thai) just reported going through the APC machine at JFK. Is this a new feature? Can't seem to find any mention of it on official web site or elsewhere.
DL terminal has APC kiosks at JFK, but not all the international arrival terminals at JFK have them.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/internatio...ab-group-tab-3
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by br2k
Was watching the AA international arrivals video today from the CBP on the use of the APC and they said it was open to B1 and B2 visa holders.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Was watching the AA international arrivals video today from the CBP on the use of the APC and they said it was open to B1 and B2 visa holders.
Toronto has had this for a while: both for B1/B2 visa and also for Border crossing Card (BCC) holders
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Every time I have a connecting flight the APC shows my international flight number, but shows it as from my international originating city to my domestic destination. Unless it's a direct flight number this is obviously wrong. I correct it because I want to be accurate. Do most connecting travelers not care/notice that the destination city is not the one their currently standing in?

This past weekend I used the APC at IAH and it showed CUN-MEX, which I found particularly absurd, as I was spending the night in Houston and wasn't never going anywhere near MEX! I tried to correct it, but re-selecting the same flight number didn't change anything.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does anyone know which terminals at JFK have APCs?
1, 4 and 8
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Crazydre
1, 4 and 8
Terminals 1, 4, and 8 at JFK indeed. [Also] Terminal 5; JetBlue paid for them too.

http://blog.jetblue.com/internationa...als-at-jfk-t5/

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 19, 2016 at 8:50 am
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hi guys, it seems that EWR terminal B does not have the APC equipment installed yet, although they are planning it (strange enough, a lot of articles online mention terminal B and not terminal C where it has been installed). Is there any time frame? I checked the gov NJ website, and they suggest that their latest report (FEB 16) does not include pax using the APC and this would improve waiting times in the future. I might have misread this, especially confirming in another sentence that APC has not been installed yet.

Either way, can someone please confirm if they have been installed yet at Terminal B, and if not, when they will be installed (if there is an answer to that question obviously).

btw, I have been using APC at LAX, and it was great, 10 min to get through, 30 min to wait for my luggage after that though.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:53 pm
Suspended

EWR has Mobile Passport Control. MPC is better than my APC experiences (not at EWR) this year. To use MPC, have to be a US citizen or Canadian citizen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.