Wiki Posts
Search

TSA's New Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
TSA's New Program

Really, $8 billion a year and their new program named Managed Inclusion is what we get? Currently being tested at Tampa and Indianapolis. So if you aren't eligible for PreCheck, you can still use the line if you want to walk past a explosive detection dog (which I wouldn't mind) but then have to answer questions by a minimally trained BDO (though the TSA claims they are specially trained. Yeah, right). Or you can take your chance in the regular line and either go through the MMWV or get groped. No wonder I don't fly anymore.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,2191521.story
Old Dec 23, 2012, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
More like mismanaged delusion if you ask me
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interrogation by TSA in order to travel in a free country is not acceptable.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
^
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Why do you assume that we live in a free country?

Or are you referring to another country?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: I still call it Onepass every now and then. Platinum.
Next step will be to eliminate Precheck proper and force everyone to go through this in the name of "streamlining" the security process.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Really, $8 billion a year and their new program named Managed Inclusion is what we get? Currently being tested at Tampa and Indianapolis. So if you aren't eligible for PreCheck, you can still use the line if you want to walk past a explosive detection dog (which I wouldn't mind) but then have to answer questions by a minimally trained BDO (though the TSA claims they are specially trained. Yeah, right). Or you can take your chance in the regular line and either go through the MMWV or get groped. No wonder I don't fly anymore.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,2191521.story
Years ago, the TSA framed the debate as one of speeding one's transit through the checkpoint. They effectively took the Constitution, sexual assault, radiation poisioning, etc. completely off the table. The American People, through the media and the TSA's manipulation of it, swallowed this spin hook, line, and sinker. ...Just think about how many times we have pushed back against a clerk for one reason or another only to be scolded by our fellow passengers because we are "slowing down the line."

This "new procedure" does two things:

1. It further reinforces that the TSA's sole desire is to get us through the checkpoint quickly as a means of perpetuating their existence; and,

2. To fully employ SPOTNiks without having to admit that this program was a joke based on non-existent peer-reviewed science.

Please don't give into this, as many have been already seduced by PreCheck. Make them feel like a pervert every time they grope you.

It was not lost on me that Pissy announced this during the Christmas holiday season when Congress is focused on going home themselves and it would get very little media scrutiny. This also ensures that we don't forget about the TSA during the holiday season.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Years ago, the TSA framed the debate as one of speeding one's transit through the checkpoint. They effectively took the Constitution, sexual assault, radiation poisioning, etc. completely off the table. The American People, through the media and the TSA's manipulation of it, swallowed this spin hook, line, and sinker. ...Just think about how many times we have pushed back against a clerk for one reason or another only to be scolded by our fellow passengers because we are "slowing down the line."

This "new procedure" does two things:

1. It further reinforces that the TSA's sole desire is to get us through the checkpoint quickly as a means of perpetuating their existence; and,

2. To fully employ SPOTNiks without having to admit that this program was a joke based on non-existent peer-reviewed science.

Please don't give into this, as many have been already seduced by PreCheck. Make them feel like a pervert every time they grope you.

It was not lost on me that Pissy announced this during the Christmas holiday season when Congress is focused on going home themselves and it would get very little media scrutiny. This also ensures that we don't forget about the TSA during the holiday season.

Well said Fliesway2much. I wholeheartedly agree with you and your analysis.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:17 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

From a selfish perspective, this is great news. The options used to be a dose of radiation or a grope, now it's a dose of radiation, a grope, or get sniffed by a dog and answer a few stupid questions. Anyone in their right mind would choose the last option.

To anyone who is well-informed, this illustrates the uselessness of the TSA, but we knew that anyway. To everyone else, it enables the TSA to show that it is "keeping us secure" while eliminating a lot of the criticism the agency is facing.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
This will not help me much. I am always suspected of being a terrorist just because I carry more than a shaving kit, a computer and a few days of clothes in my carry on. The slowest thing for me is the bag check. I get there early so it will not be a problem.

I have serious reservations about submitting to an interrogation to get on a plane. If it is optional, then I will opt out. If it is not, well, it depends on the questions. There are questions they can ask to magically get the non-response for which they are looking that do not involve personally intrusive inquiries.

I already have a tinge of guilt when I surrender at the ATR so I can better keep an eye on my tools. This is just as bad or worse. At least the scanners really do see under ones clothes. The claim that they can see into my mind by asking questions reminds me of a cheap fortune teller.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:11 pm

If this program allowed me to go through a WTMD and avoid body scanners or a grope, then I have to admit I'd be interested in using it. Do I think its right? Well no, we shouldn't have to be interrogated to board a plane. But still I think its a dangerous road to go down and I don't trust TSA to really operate any sort of program effectively.

Also (similar to what cotton said), what if they start doing this and like it so much, they decide to just make it the standard? Force everyone to submit to playing 20 questions every time or you don't fly today. That's what I'd be most fearful of.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:37 pm

I do like the dog part. It seems there would be less chance of mission creep if dogs are the detectors. Plus, the dogs obviously aren't going to be adding information to a government database where it could be misused in the future.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
I do like the dog part. It seems there would be less chance of mission creep if dogs are the detectors. Plus, the dogs obviously aren't going to be adding information to a government database where it could be misused in the future.
dogs can be misused as well. they can be triggered to alert on cue from their handlers.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
dogs can be misused as well. they can be triggered to alert on cue from their handlers.
I find the whole dogs thing a bit dubious. Dogs are not well suited for sitting around at a checkpoint. They need bathroom breaks and play time, as any handler would know. This sounds more like a charade.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
I find the whole dogs thing a bit dubious. Dogs are not well suited for sitting around at a checkpoint. They need bathroom breaks and play time, as any handler would know. This sounds more like a charade.
When have they done anything recently that has not been a charade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.