Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 20, 12, 5:09 pm   #1

Programs: Kryptonium Kettle, Hoping to reach TSADD (TSA Disparaging Diamond) this year; PC plat,former MR Plat
GSN: TSA names John Halinski Deputy Administrator (effective July 1, 2012)

Administrator Pistole has picked his new right hand man:

Government Security News:
TSA names John Halinski deputy administrator
Wed, 2012-06-20 07:46 AM

A short quote:
TSA named a 25-year Marine Corps veteran and current assistant administrator for its global strategies office as the agency’s new right-hand man.

John Halinski will serve as the new deputy administrator beginning on July 1, said TSA. Halinski replaces Gale Rossides, who last month announced her retirement after more than 34 years of service, said TSA.
Old Jun 21, 12, 8:01 am   #2
Suspended

Makes one wonder whatever happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine," and that much-vaunted "Marine honor."
Caradoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 12, 10:14 am   #3

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
As I'm reading the org chart, John W. Halinski is the Deputy Administrator of the TSA. There are sixteen Assistant Administrators, with Christopher L. McLaughlin as the Assistant Administrator for Security Operations. And as best I can tell, the person "responsible" (operationally?) for airport security is the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Security Operations (guess that's the most senior tactical operator for airport security operations, the AA-SO would be more strategic?), who was Kelly Hoggan, yet I'm having trouble figuring out his replacement, as he has moved over to the Assistant Administrator for Office of Security Capabilities (guess that's a promotion).
Old Jun 21, 12, 10:33 am   #4

Programs: Member FFOCUS/Choice Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradoc View Post
Makes one wonder whatever happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine," and that much-vaunted "Marine honor."