Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millimeter Wave Safety Report, Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
As much as I would like to see better info about the things, I think the TSA lives in morbid fear that detailed knowledge of their operation will allow a reverse engineering of the limitations, and permit the bad guys to develop ways around the technology.

This assumes that there are bad guys that do not already know the limitations and are just not in the mood or inclination to circumvent it.

Or bad guys seeking to attack aviation targets at all.

Or bad guys.

Seems to me we are terrorizing ourselves more than they could. Oh, they might do violent acts. But would we in general be any more afraid of our own shadow than we are now, present company excluded?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:07 pm

Hi RadioGirl,

I appreciate the amount of knowledge you have on electromagnetism.
I really like the way you explain (with examples such as metal table, carpet, light etc...).

I would like to add to your points.

Slide 4 of https://prezi.com/3qp57ddr0fmw/lands...ommunications/ may be a good reference. (as you would know, prezi is a zoomable canvas. just need scroll the mouse on any direction)

microwaves : some literature say 300MHz to 300GHz is microwave. some literature say 1GHz to 100GHz.
either case, microwave is deci meter waves, centi meter waves, milli meter waves.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:32 pm

Thank you YourReturn, your references are useful. appreciate your effort in researching it. your research results will be useful to the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.