What happened to 'Resistance'?

Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, BA, AA
What happened to 'Resistance'?

I managed to get two opt-out patdowns this weekend. During the normal 'Here's what I'm going to do' lecture, both gropers said they would move their hand along my inner leg until it touches "the torso".

Two gropers in two airports... Did a memo banning the term resistance go out? While I think "torso" is a bad euphemism for "crotch/labia/scrotum", I do applaud the rejection of the ridiculous term "resistance".

I was ticked off that one of the gropers felt compelled to question why I opted out, but that's another thread...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I managed to get two opt-out patdowns this weekend. During the normal 'Here's what I'm going to do' lecture, both gropers said they would move their hand along my inner leg until it touches "the torso".

Two gropers in two airports... Did a memo banning the term resistance go out? While I think "torso" is a bad euphemism for "crotch/labia/scrotum", I do applaud the rejection of the ridiculous term "resistance".

I was ticked off that one of the gropers felt compelled to question why I opted out, but that's another thread...
Yep, I've gotten the "torso" in lieu of "resistance" the last four or five times.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Never mind what words they used... did they actually go up that high?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
Never mind what words they used... did they actually go up that high?
Not on me.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I've been getting "sensitive areas" lately.

They're never gotten that high. The bum massage felt nice, though.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
Last week at DCA got the "resistance" spiel. Told the checker that I've been married 19 years and this will be great. He didn't reach the "resistance".
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium

Jimney Christmas the IQ is dropping by the moment. Never mind they dont know there butt from a hole in the ground yet even have a grasp on on anatomy and physiology as if "resistance" wasnt stupid enough they completely missed a major anatomical piece on the human frame... that being "the pelvis"

This will be fun if they say resistance or pelvis to me as im gonna embrass the heck out of them and give them a lesson in A&P using the correct terms that the whole terminal will hear.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
I've been getting "sensitive areas" lately.

They're never gotten that high. The bum massage felt nice, though.
Your tax dollars at work, LOL!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:45 am

Lately, I regularly ask them to scratch my "resistance sack" "while they are there" when they use that term.

For far its been quite effective of keeping them away from it and making them blush or become offended.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TsaAbuseWatch
For far its been quite effective of keeping them away from it and making them blush or become offended.
This.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
both gropers said they would move their hand along my inner leg until it touches "the torso".
"I usually have to call a 976 number for that kind of talk."

Too dated?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Got "groin" at ORD last week so maybe protocol has changed? Maybe they got tired of trying to explain what part of the body "resistance" meant?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
When in their little spiel did they say resistance? Or now torso? In a half-dozen or so opt-outs, I've never heard those words. Do they say it at the beginning before the grope starts, or during the process as they are sliding the hands up the legs repeatedly?

After the initial speech, but pre pat down, I always ask either "are you going to touch my genitals?" or "are you going to touch my testicles?" They have varying degrees of discomfort in their reaction but always answer no, and to date I have never been karate chopped in the resistance, so perhaps my strategy works. But I wonder if it is preventing them from saying "resistance" (or torso) later in the process.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:46 am

reminds me of that old parody film Porklyps Now.

"where are you going to touch me"

"up to your torso"

"Which 'part' of the torso?"

"Well...YOU know..."

"No, I don't know, which part?"

"come on, you know".....
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:54 am
Suspended

During the normal 'Here's what I'm going to do' lecture, both gropers said they would move their hand along my inner leg until it touches "the torso".
"Jiminy Cricket! You're going to move your hand THROUGH my genitals and pelvis?"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.