Wiki Posts
Search

Let me say something nice about TSA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by MaximumSisu
OK,time to end the suspense:

Let me say something nice about TSA: It would be nice if there was no TSA.
*slow clap*^
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If a person just refused to pay such a fine could TSA place the person on a Do Not Fly list?
Unfortunately, the paper will sit still for anything Pissy writes on it. But there is no provision for him to legally do so. But then we know he is an abhorrent wretch which is one reason why the TSA must be destroyed.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
*slow clap*^
Are you kidding?

^ (standing ovation) ^

(From an involuntary member of the 'grope for life' club).
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
^

I'm pretty sure that was the best run-on sentence I have ever read in my entire life. Thank you!
Ain't commas grand?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by scubadiver
I was entirely in the wrong. There was a loaded clip for an automatic in my carry-on

Good work!

And of course this mistake on your part stood an equal, if not better chance of having been detected pre-9/11.

Having effective airport / airplane security = good
Additional cost for no benefit with reduced civil liberties = bad
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If a person just refused to pay such a fine could TSA place the person on a Do Not Fly list?
No. But, it becomes an obligation owed to the USA. Easiest collection mechanism is as a setoff against a tax refund if one is due. But, also once unpaid, means no student loan, federal permits/licenses and a "black mark" under financial responsibility for those who need a security clearance.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Did you really have to go there? We were actually having a perfectly reasonable, complimentary conversation ...
Do you want to re-evaluate your statement given the posts following yours?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by cb1111
Do you want to re-evaluate your statement given the posts following yours?
Not at all. Your post was the first one that brought negativity into this thread, thereby encouraging everyone else to pile on.

Look, I'm not naive. The tone would've gotten dragged down eventually. But why encourage it? It's possible for discourse here to be civil.

Case in point. Yesterday, a new(-ish) member of FlyerTalk started a thread with a suggestion about changing what TDCs do. The suggestion, IMHO, was unworkable. But I was struck by how all the participants in that thread were civil in response to the OP, pointing out flaws in the idea while treating the OP with respect. The OP responded in kind. It was a useful conversation.

If you want to complain in every thread on TS/S about how negative everyone is in TS/S, you're going to receive negativity in response, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. If that's the end you want to pursue, that's your prerogative. In my experience, complaining about negativity rarely decreases the level of negativity; rather, it usually increases it. But, as in all matters, your mileage may vary.

Hey, I'll even get us back on track here and say something nice. I've encountered plenty of nice TSOs along my travels.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:31 am
Original Poster

4nsicdoc: Thanks for the advice. If there are any repercussions, I will certainly follow.

Combat Medic: When I was a combat medic back in 1965-66, my .45 shot at folks just fine no matter if I called it a clip or a magazine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.