Wiki Posts
Search

DHS Fear Campaign Continues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

DHS Fear Campaign Continues

DHS Video Characterizes White Americans as Most Likely Terrorists

"A new promotional video released by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes white middle class Americans as the most likely terrorists, as Big Sis continues its relentless drive to cement the myth that mad bombers are hiding around every corner, when in reality Americans are just as likely to be killed by lightning strikes or peanut allergies."

If this does become true it will be because of the actions of DHS and TSA that will drive people to it.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-video-ch...ly-terrorists/
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If DHS said the same about any other group and based their conclusions on race, as they did in this report, there would be an uproar and calls for the firing of Napolitano for being a racist.

Why can Napolitano be a racist in this case and get away with it?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
"a myriad of different behaviors are characterized as terrorism, including ....wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper"

I'll warn my dad and sister, both of who wear hoodies and drive vans, and know how to write.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Just f...ing unbelievable. I'm at a loss for words to describe how moronic this is. A new low, even for an agency as useless as DHS.

Bruce
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
They may be right. It just may be the white middle class Americans that stand up and start the rebellion.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
If DHS said the same about any other group and based their conclusions on race, as they did in this report, there would be an uproar and calls for the firing of Napolitano for being a racist.

As a white American, I'm incredibly insulted by this generalizing racist remark.

Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:06 am

It's all being turned up; today's breathless bubbleblonde commentary on CNN was about the threat to the water and supply and utilities; even though there was "NO" current evidence, rumor, etc. (ad nauseum).
So, they are ratcheting up the fear level, for no reason whatsoever (or maybe they own stock in bottled water companies)?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
It is kind of terrifying. I for one am certainly frightened that the DHS has become the oppressive out of control monstrosity that it has become.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Unlike Infowars, I don't see the race thing as this biggest issue here. The video is creepy, where everyone runs to their phone to call 911 (presumably) if they see someone doing something they don't like (apparently any activity can be creepy if you are wearing a hoodie.) Can we say Stasi?

Haven't we seen this before? Doesn't anyone remember Operation TIPS? It was a stupid idea right after 9/11 and it is a stupid idea now.

I hope and expect to hear an outcry from the mainstream libertarian groups about this (sorry, Infowars is a little wacky sometimes). It is shameful that our president, a Constitutional scholar who knows better, is letting this go forward.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
DHS and TSA has to keep the fear factor pumped, because otherwise the public might raise real questions about their function and funding.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Let's see...
  • I'm a white male
  • Dark clothes look good on me
  • I own a hooded sweatshirt
  • A lot of times I leave my sunglasses on when entering a building
  • I take pictures of random stuff in public for kicks and grins
  • I have an interest in security procedures

Now don't just sit there like a slab of meat staring at your computer screen, you just Saw Something, So Do Something™! ^^ <--Freakout smilie

Last edited by N965VJ; Jul 21, 2011 at 10:36 am
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:35 am

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!!

But I think the real question is...if you are over 40, are you more likely to get married, or be a terrorist?

Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
It is kind of terrifying. I for one am certainly frightened that the DHS has become the oppressive out of control monstrosity that it has become.
Good point.
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Let's see...
  • I'm a white male
  • Dark clothes look good on me
  • I own a hooded sweatshirt
  • A lot of times I leave my sunglasses on when entering a building
  • I take pictures of random stuff in public for kicks and grins
  • I have an interest in security procedures

Now don't just sit there like a slab of meat staring at your computer screen, you just Saw Something, So Do Something™! ^^ <--Freakout smilie
I do all those things, too, except for the picture-taking. My only camera is part of my cellphone, and I don't use it much.

Bruce
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Unlike Infowars, I don't see the race thing as this biggest issue here. The video is creepy, where everyone runs to their phone to call 911 (presumably) if they see someone doing something they don't like (apparently any activity can be creepy if you are wearing a hoodie.) Can we say Stasi?

Haven't we seen this before? Doesn't anyone remember Operation TIPS? It was a stupid idea right after 9/11 and it is a stupid idea now.

I hope and expect to hear an outcry from the mainstream libertarian groups about this (sorry, Infowars is a little wacky sometimes). It is shameful that our president, a Constitutional scholar who knows better, is letting this go forward.
Supposedly DHS doesn't "PROFILE" but this report seems to be exactly that.

I think all of the problems highlighted in this report as BIG issues and I take offense that DHS is singling out "middle class whites" as likely terrorist. This smacks of the report from a couple of years ago that said basically the same thing about conservatives, prior military and so forth.

Whoever published this report should be fired and all involved in allowing this report to see the light of day should be removed from public office and be disqualified from holding any kind of public office for life.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely right. This is a disgrace.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.