Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Another 6-year-old's Disney vacation ruined by a patdown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Video is here:

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-...125274814.html

This report does not include many salacious details about the grope the child received, but the boy did burst into tears after the molestation happened.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:06 pm

I really don't understand how these TSA people can live with themselves.

I understand the job market is tight and they have bills to pay. But surely there is something honorable they could do?

How can people willing molest children simply so they can make their car payment?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:17 pm

*sigh* But I hope they keep these stories rolling on the news. Persecution of the TSA in the media is a GOOD thing. Keep it up King 5. This story hits home for me, these people live in my hometown.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Sigh what the heck is wrong with these hired goons???? If I was a parent I'd be doing a citizens arrest against that goon.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:55 pm

Location: MEM -- ex-DL PLT, then NW PLT by choice, now DL again.
Sadly, the comments on the King5 site are in line with many other such stories. A few people that I consider to be enlightened, those that are repulsed by these rediculous, offensive, and ineffective searches.

Then there are the "anything for security" sheep, that usually come up with "if you don't like it you can stay home / take the bus". They don't get it, and it is darned near impossible to explain to somebody why they're wrong if they couldn't understand it in the first place.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:05 am
Suspended

The "anything for security" sheep will sing a different tune when it is THEIR kid that is being groped.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by stemor
Sadly, the comments on the King5 site are in line with many other such stories. A few people that I consider to be enlightened, those that are repulsed by these rediculous, offensive, and ineffective searches.

Then there are the "anything for security" sheep, that usually come up with "if you don't like it you can stay home / take the bus". They don't get it, and it is darned near impossible to explain to somebody why they're wrong if they couldn't understand it in the first place.
Oh you're going to see me commenting a LOT on this story on King5. This is my hometown, my local airport. I'm going to scream from the rooftops. I'm going to urge my local news outlets to continue to report these abuses. I happen to know that a local anchor at another local TV station was manhandled at SEA after opting out (after publically battling cancer the year previous)... he's yet to do a report about the TSA. I'd like to see him take it on.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TsaAbuseWatch
I understand the job market is tight and they have bills to pay. But surely there is something honorable they could do?
Sure, they could become a drug dealer, pimp, or whore. All much more honorable professions than screener. I'm serious too.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Sure, they could become a drug dealer, pimp, or whore. All much more honorable professions than screener. I'm serious too.
Whores and TSA agents have much in common. But the whore is better paid.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA

How can people willing molest children simply so they can make their car payment?

I volunteer time with a group that helps victims of sexual predators. What I have learned is that predators generally have one of two characteristics. They either lack the ability to view their victims as people, instead seeing them as objects to be manipulated, or they derive so much pleasure from their actions that they truly cannot fathom that the victim is not also enjoying what is going on. Almost always it is more about exerting power and control rather than being about sex.

I mean no insult when I say that being a screener is a dream job for a sexual predator; that is a simple fact. That does not mean that all screeners are sexual predators but it does mean that TSA has a moral obligation constantly to police its ranks and weed out any who exhibit such tendencies. However; my bet is that TSA does not even bother to check its employees against the states' sexual offender lists.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by swag
And the one only gropes people who solicit it.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:20 am
Suspended

Lots of crops need harvesting in Georgia. Ex-TSA or prison labor, looks pretty much the same from where I'm sitting.

Originally Posted by swag
Not sure these people come up to the level of whore. I've seen crack-whores in better shape. Probably are more cognizant of customer service as well.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by n4zhg
Lots of crops need harvesting in Georgia. Ex-TSA or prison labor, looks pretty much the same from where I'm sitting.
Toiling in a field is highly counterproductive to working on that great TSA physique.

Second-to-last grope I got in BNA, the TSAer huffed an puffed so hard getting to his knees in order to be in position to find my resistance I was seriously going to ask him if he was alright.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T-the-B
I volunteer time with a group that helps victims of sexual predators. What I have learned is that predators generally have one of two characteristics. They either lack the ability to view their victims as people, instead seeing them as objects to be manipulated, or they derive so much pleasure from their actions that they truly cannot fathom that the victim is not also enjoying what is going on. Almost always it is more about exerting power and control rather than being about sex.

I mean no insult when I say that being a screener is a dream job for a sexual predator; that is a simple fact. That does not mean that all screeners are sexual predators but it does mean that TSA has a moral obligation constantly to police its ranks and weed out any who exhibit such tendencies. However; my bet is that TSA does not even bother to check its employees against the states' sexual offender lists.
It's abundantly clear that use of the terms "Pat down" instead of "frisk" and "resistance" instead of "gentials" is designed to social engineer exactly this character trait in the clerk workforce.

I think the mutual pleasure comes into play by making the clerks and the passenger victims believe that all of this is vital to the national security.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest that people who conduct these types of screenings on children and the elderly are nothing less than sick perverts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.