Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive TSA Lawsuits Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:37 pm
Suspended

FWIW, my personal list of active suits against the TSA's new procedures is as follows along with the number/description corresponding to the OP's list in [brackets], and doesn't include EPIC or Amarillo because they sued about things that happened prior to the forced AIT/groping a couple months ago:

Corbett v. US, 10-CV-24106, SDFL 11/16/2010 [4 - "The Florida Businessman"]
Roberts v. Nappy, 10-CV-1966, DCD 11/16/2010 [3 - "Rutherford the First]
Fielder v. Nappy, 10-CV-2878, COD 11/26/2010 [5 - "The Colorado Attorney"]
Redfern v. Nappy, 10-CV-12048, MAD 11/29/2010 [7 - "The Harvard Law Students"]
Blitz v. Nappy, 10-CV-930, MDNC 12/03/2010 [8 - "North Carolina Family"]
Durso v. Nappy, 10-CV-2066, DCD 12/06/2010 [9 - "Rutherford the Second"]

--Jon
Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:25 am

Isnt it interesting, all these lawsuits and not a single judge has even made so much as an injunction?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:30 am

TSA lawsuits list

I have found 14...
21-yr old Amarillo TX woman
Jon Corbett
Two pilots
Steve Bierfeldt
Adrienne Durso
Fode Amadou Fofana
Raed Jarrar
Gary Fielder
EPIC
Robert Dean
Redfern & Pradhan
Chris Daniels
12-year old girl
Jonathan Blitz
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I'm interested in contemporary, ongoing lawsuits that address current issues. Fofana & Bierfeldt have been concluded, and some of the others are ancient history.

Originally Posted by Ellie M
Unfortunately, I think it's still 9. The article about the Carlsbad woman is about one of the plaintiffs in the Rutherford Institute lawsuit.
You are correct, so it's back to 9, plus the two new suits by Robin Kassner (#10) & Claire Hirschkind (#11).

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 27, 2010 at 3:58 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Fofana & Bierfeldt have been concluded, and some of the others are ancient history.
"Ancient history"? TSA has only existed for eight years.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
TSA has settled the Amarillo, TX, woman's lawsuit for exposing her breasts for a "nominal" amount:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/t...exposure-suit/
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Read today on Drudge. Very disappointed.

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
TSA has settled the Amarillo, TX, woman's lawsuit for exposing her breasts for a "nominal" amount:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/t...exposure-suit/
--Jon
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Affection
Read today on Drudge. Very disappointed.

--Jon
Discussion is over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...s-breasts.html
Old Feb 9, 2011, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've added 3 more to the base post:
  1. Jesse Ventura
  2. EPIC, another lawsuit to compel compliance with FOIA
  3. ACLU, no-fly list lawsuit

Just keep filing 'em ...
Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
Awesome artcile about the Ventura lawsuit.

Can Jesse Ventura force a TSA submission?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:43 pm

TSA spokesman Luis Casanova also refused to name the agents responsible, but did say they hadn't been fired or disciplined. "When a settlement is reached, there is no disciplinary action," Casanova said. "It's a no-fault kind of settlement."
That's beyond ridiculous. So they weren't even "retrained"?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mimi111
That's beyond ridiculous. So they weren't even "retrained"?
No unless said retraining is part of the consent decree. If it's not down in writing and enforceable, it's not going to happen.

This is why if I ever have to sue a government thug agency, there WILL be a consent decree and there WILL be a judge retaining jurisdiction for the purpose of monitoring and enforcing said consent decree. Even if the original government thug offender is spending the next ten years bent over a prison bunk with tears of pain and humiliation running down his face. (Never happen, but hope springs eternal)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by doober
I agree. As I stated yesterday in another thread, I believe this is where the best argument can be made. Class action suit on behalf of all individuals with medical issues?
No, I wouldn't recommend a class action. We need to inflict a death by a thousand cuts on this agency full of criminal pervert thugs. A class action only requires a defense in one case, in one court, by one defense team. File ten thousand cases and since it will be an uphill battle, hope for one rogue verdict in a case finding that it IS a 4th Amendment violation. The TSA will then be collaterally estopped (look it up on wiki) from claiming it's not. On the other hand, losses by claimants will have no effect on other cases, since to be collaterally estopped, you must have been a party to the other ase. And sue the individuals. Use the ADA, file a Bivens case. If they got medical info, sue under HIPPA when they ignore a request for a copy of the mandated written privacy policy. They don't have one. Sue both the agency and the individual TSO/BDO/SOB. And if the same government lawyer represents both, bring up the conflict of interest and have him removed. Bankrupt the officers. Starve their children to death. Make them homeless. Get them fired. Humiliate them.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by 4nsicdoc
</snip>... Bankrupt the officers. Starve their children to death. Make them homeless. Get them fired. Humiliate them.
Do I sense some bitterness here?

Last edited by DeafBlonde; Feb 19, 2011 at 8:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.