Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do cancelled Chase cards still showup in your online account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do cancelled Chase cards still showup in your online account?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by itsme
Welcome to FlyerTalk, hugo75. I share you puzzlement over why they should continue to show a credit limit and available credit after a card is canceled. Maybe it means that you will have an easier time with higher limits if you should "re-activate" the account or take another Chase card, though I tend to doubt it.
I would call again. It once took me 6 months to cancel an AMEX card. I would call and cancel, they'd send me the letter saying it was cancelled but then I'd get a statement the next month and kept getting convenience cheques. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that it was finally cancelled and showed "closed at customer request" on my credit bureau file.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by Redhead
I would call again. It once took me 6 months to cancel an AMEX card. I would call and cancel, they'd send me the letter saying it was cancelled but then I'd get a statement the next month and kept getting convenience cheques. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that it was finally cancelled and showed "closed at customer request" on my credit bureau file.
I pulled a credit report on myself recently and it was there as a closed account, which I take as definitive proof that the account is indeed a closed one.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by itsme
I pulled a credit report on myself recently and it was there as a closed account, which I take as definitive proof that the account is indeed a closed one.
Then yes, I would agree that it is closed.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:00 am

Don't be so sure it's really done

I've cancelled the same mileage plus business visa TWICE, both times confirmed by mileage plus and credit reports from all three agencies. The first time was 20 months ago and the second time was 10 months ago. Since then, I have continued to receive emails notifying me that payments were due on this twice cancelled account. I then contacted Mileage Plus and they confirmed that the account was closed and therefore no payments were due. They could not explain why I continued to receive these emails. Most of the time, I also received emails reflecting that the same payment amount was due on the new account and the charges were legitimate. Now, for the 2nd time in 2 years, there is a 1500$ balance that appears on my new credit card account, but no matching charges to explain this balance. And I received emails regarding "payment due" and other set alerts from the old account, but not the new one. So, somehow, someone is able to make charges on a twice closed account, no one at Mileage Plus seems to know how to close the account or confirm that it's actually closed. I am unable to sign on with the old account number to figure out who is making these charges, because the account is "closed". Insult to injury...when I called Mileage Plus to complain about my recently decreased credit limit despite very good credit, I was chided by the agent that I've had too many "lost card" cancellations. When I explained that I hadn't lost any cards, that my initial visa was stolen by online identity fraud and that I've tried to cancel that same visa 2 additional times, her reply was "we hear that story all the time." Might be easier to get 2 award seats next to each other in first class.

Last edited by denverdonewithunited; Jun 3, 2009 at 12:04 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:49 pm

Chase Account

On the right top of your account's page, you will see customize account under the printer. Click on that one, it will give you option to hide the account you have already closed.

Thanks,
Intikhab.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:52 pm

FYI as of march 2024, you get this msg. will try calling to see what i can do once i cancel my 3rd card

For your security, we can't hide your account(s) online.

If you already have a hidden account, you'll be able to show it but you won't be able to hide it again. Call us if you need further assistance.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I didn't have to "cancel" my JPM Ritz-Carlton Visa card for fraud or anything similar, though I did need replacement cards with a new number after fraud following an authorized user's personal use.

It was open from 2015-2017, when I closed it for difficulty using the ancillary travel credits. It still shows up in my online account as "closed", my other two cards (Marriott & UA) remaining active.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:10 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DevRogue
FYI as of march 2024, you get this msg. will try calling to see what i can do once i cancel my 3rd card

For your security, we can't hide your account(s) online.

If you already have a hidden account, you'll be able to show it but you won't be able to hide it again. Call us if you need further assistance.
That’s odd, I just cancelled a card the other day and was able to hide it online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.