Wiki Posts
Search

Chase UR transfer question (NYC-CMB)?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR
Chase UR transfer question (NYC-CMB)?

So I'm new and trying to learn the ins and outs.

I have 78k in UR points. I'm looking to get from NYC to CMB August 3rd, 4th or 5th. I contacted AA and they confirmed a o/w to CMB for 40k plus $15 on Etihad airways through AUH. I thought that I could transfer the UR points to Avios and then to AA in order to book but I quickly learned that not to be the case. Any ideas on how I can get the points to AA or use them to transfer into another program to get the itin?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:43 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Korean Air is partners with Etihad, but I believe they require roundtrip bookings and their pricing isn't great.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UR
I tried to look into this as well. Unfortunately I'm already settled for the return trip.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by carrey112
So I'm new and trying to learn the ins and outs.

I have 78k in UR points. I'm looking to get from NYC to CMB August 3rd, 4th or 5th. I contacted AA and they confirmed a o/w to CMB for 40k plus $15 on Etihad airways through AUH. I thought that I could transfer the UR points to Avios and then to AA in order to book but I quickly learned that not to be the case. Any ideas on how I can get the points to AA or use them to transfer into another program to get the itin?

Thanks
You can fly JFK-CMB using Avios via ba.com but they want 90K Avios. Look into buying 12K Avios from ba.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.