Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz VISA Infinite $100 flight discount downgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz VISA Infinite $100 flight discount downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
...because goodness knows it's a pain in the behind to try to use to make an RC worth the cost (club upgrades)!
Maybe the RC isn't for you?

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Just be warned that the actual booking is done by cheapair.com - which means a long and difficult journey if something goes array with your tickets, as I'm experiencing right now.

This is far from what I would expect from a premium service.
Can you expand on your situation? And to what extent, if any, VISA Infinite is assisting?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers

Can you expand on your situation? And to what extent, if any, VISA Infinite is assisting?
I had a problem that 2 EXP on AA were flying toguether with 2 non elite, they had to split the ticket in 2 record locators to be able to apply upgrades 1 EXP and 1 non elite x 2. It took about 1 hour on the phone until concierge were able to communicate with "visa infinite air travel special department".
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Sure -

My direct flight that was booked as AA code share on AS - is no longer as AA eliminated the code share on the route (the flight is still there of course, just not as a code share).

All I want is to either be put back on the direct flight or cancel the ticket.

But then AA would not touch the ticket as it is a travel agent ticket.

CheapAir.com phone agents only work around limited hours. Once you get to them they are useless
- We have to talk with AA
- When will you do that?
- I don't know
- Can you put me on the direct flight?
- I don't know
- Can you cancel the ticket?
- I don't know, we'll call you back when we'll talk to AA
- And you have no idea when that would be?
- No

So not I'm waiting for a call back. Had it was done with the airline, or with a better agency all would have been resolved on the first call.

So far no assistance from Visa - I have not tried to get them involved yet, but did send a complaint to Chase.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
Can't you use the trip interruption benefits the card also separately provides?
Future booking - the trip had not started yet. It would have been much easier once it had started - because I would be dealing directly with the airline, instead of having to go through the incompetence of the travel agency.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Sure -

My direct flight that was booked as AA code share on AS - is no longer as AA eliminated the code share on the route (the flight is still there of course, just not as a code share).

CheapAir.com phone agents only work around limited hours. Once you get to them they are useless
- When will you do that?
- I don't know
- I don't know
- No

So not I'm waiting for a call back. Had it was done with the airline, or with a better agency all would have been resolved on the first call.

So far no assistance from Visa - I have not tried to get them involved yet, but did send a complaint to Chase.
I wonder what would happen if you disputed the charge, and booked new tickets on your own.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I wonder what would happen if you disputed the charge,
I think you would encounter a strong presumption that a transaction submitted by an airline is valid, unless you are asserting that you did not authorize the charge (fraud). The issuer knows that airlines are reputable, and you need to work through this type of problem with the airline or travel agency.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mia
I think you would encounter a strong presumption that a transaction submitted by an airline is valid, unless you are asserting that you did not authorize the charge (fraud). The issuer knows that airlines are reputable, and you need to work through this type of problem with the airline or travel agency.
Wouldn't this be a case of failure to fulfill contract of carriage? To go from being on a non-stop to a connecting flight, should require the option of a refund per the FAA, IIRC.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Wouldn't this be a case of failure to fulfill contract of carriage?....
Not at this point, the airline has simply referred the cardholder back to the travel agency through which the cardholder booked, and the agency needs time to investigate.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
I wonder what would happen if you disputed the charge, and booked new tickets on your own.
Good way to get your account closed.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:26 am

Sure -

- When will you do that?
- I don't know
- I don't know
- No

So the Saga continues -

They did call back and agreed to cancel the ticket and issue a refund.

BUT - the only managed to cancel one of the tickets. As the ticket the discount was applied on is giving them big trouble in refunding it. Of course I know that, but they seems to be clueless about it and just go about trying to refund it the usual day.

Right now - they say one ticket had been refunded (I cannot see it on my account yet), and they are working on the other one.

Very frustrating process.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:00 am

So the Saga continues -

They did call back and agreed to cancel the ticket and issue a refund.

BUT - the only managed to cancel one of the tickets. As the ticket the discount was applied on is giving them big trouble in refunding it. Of course I know that, but they seems to be clueless about it and just go about trying to refund it the usual day.

Right now - they say one ticket had been refunded (I cannot see it on my account yet), and they are working on the other one.

Very frustrating process.
When you say one ticket, are you referring to two passengers on either an outbound or return, or do you mean one passenger round trip?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:41 am

When you say one ticket, are you referring to two passengers on either an outbound or return, or do you mean one passenger round trip?
As nothing posted yet in my account I can only assume they mean the full ticket (round trip) for one passenger (and it is the one who was charged "full price")
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Maybe you are right.

Let me try my point again, more positively:

Even if you are someone who is not staying at Ritz-Carltons, the $100 off airfares for two persons is a great benefit that can make the Chase RC Visa well worth having.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:06 pm

Another update

One of the tickets (full price) was refunded.

The other one still in limbo.

Customer service from cheapair.com is true to the company name - poor and not helpful at all.

Chase is washing their hands from the all thing and refuse to intervene at all.

At this stage - as the tickets had been cancelled I am considering disputing the charge and see where that will lead me
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Did you try calling the Chase Card Services "Executive Line"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.