Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Redemption Value for UR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Talking Great Redemption Value for UR

I just booked my honeymoon flight to the Maldives. Found great redemption rates to MLE from CRW (though I highly doubt anyone here is flying from CRW lol) Business class revenue tickets from United would run $16,972 for my fiancé and myself next July but using saver business awards we booked for 320,000 miles and $132 taxes and fees. That's well over 5 cents per point in value, which makes my SR bonus worth well over $5k, or $10k total for our two applications ^. We also have the SW companion pass for the remainder of this year and next and have been getting amazing value of 3+ cents per point from flights booked from SW. What other great redemption values have you all found? We have another 300k UR points to blow thanks to some handy MS we found locally.....
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by amartin22
I just booked my honeymoon flight to the Maldives. Found great redemption rates to MLE from CRW (though I highly doubt anyone here is flying from CRW lol) Business class revenue tickets from United would run $16,972 for my fiancé and myself next July but using saver business awards we booked for 320,000 miles and $132 taxes and fees. That's well over 5 cents per point in value, which makes my SR bonus worth well over $5k, or $10k total for our two applications ^. We also have the SW companion pass for the remainder of this year and next and have been getting amazing value of 3+ cents per point from flights booked from SW. What other great redemption values have you all found? We have another 300k UR points to blow thanks to some handy MS we found locally.....
awesome!!! How long are you staying? and was it direct flight?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
A+++++ would churn again!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nice comparison, but who pays 16k$ for such a ticket?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nice comparison, but who pays 16k$ for such a ticket?
No one. It's $16K for two tickets....$8K each. Nice use of points by the OP.

(And I thought I was doing well at 3.4 cents/point on an SQ Business Class fare LAX-BKK.)
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I'm just not seeing the demand for a flights from Charleston Virginia to Male.

But would be interesting to see what routing the OP got.

Originally Posted by ponickka
awesome!!! How long are you staying? and was it direct flight?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:30 am

It is a nice use of points yes.

However if the OP wouldn't have paid 8k for the ticket otherwise, this isn't the right way to value it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.