Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion, beginning in January 2017, here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1820508-booking-flights-rooms-cars-etc-w-ultimate-rewards-points-2017-a.html

Posts prior to July, 2015, are archived here: Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] Booking flights, rooms. cars, cruises, etc w/Chase U.R.; July, 2015 >

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by JaysonW
Looking to book a flight on United from TUS-AUS in September. I noticed there are fewer flight offerings on the UR site than United.com. I saw a flight yesterday that is not there today, yet plenty of availability on United.com. Do I have to just keep looking day to day? If so, what's the point of that? Is Chase only given a select amount to flights to offer by the airlines?
Why not just call Chase with the flight #s and book it on the phone?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Why not just call Chase with the flight #s and book it on the phone?
Will give that a try, didn't know that was an option.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:39 pm

I'm planning a hotel stay in vegas at the Cosmopolitan, in the summer, say July 15 - 18.

will most likely get the sapphire card(50K), or maybe the Merriot premier card (80K). However I'm wondering if anyone would mind checking the UR mall to see what cosmo room rates look like.

Or should I e-mail chase/merriot and ask? The reason I ask is because I've heard different speculation on the redemption of points per night.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
When booking a flight on UR Mall/Chase Travel, is elite status recognized?

Last edited by JaysonW; Apr 16, 2016 at 12:32 am
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:17 am

Trying to book flights with my UR but running into problems. Air France has my flight for $962, but this flight (or this price) isn't available on UR. In my prior experience, most flights that are available to the public via cash are available via UR...what am I doing wrong?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:08 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to book Amtrak tickets by calling the Chase Travel Portal and booking on the phone?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JaysonW
When booking a flight on UR Mall/Chase Travel, is elite status recognized?
Yes. Just purchase the ticket and get the operating airline's PNR. Call the operating airline and give them your FF #, depending on the airline you might be able to do this online as well.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
How long does it take for a flight to be ticketed when i book through the portal? I booked a flight about two hours ago on virgin America but it hasn't shown up on virgin's site yet, and when I input the flight confirmation number, I get an error message.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:07 am

Question Chase Ultimate Rewards Issue

Hello, I used my miles to purchase a ticket to London in July but have a broken ankle and will not be able to travel until mid-September. How do I get to use my same miles? I do not want to lose them.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:42 pm

guys

I have a few hundred thousand chase UR in my account and only plan to take a vacation that needs flights 10 months from now. I have a road trip coming but and wondering if this 1.25 cents/UR is a good ratio if booking hotels directly on chase.com. I usually fly business class and the conversion (after transfer to airline) could be 2-2.7c/UR

Is my reasoning correct or am I missing something?

Thx

guys

I have a few hundred chase UR in my account and only plan to take a vacation that needs flights 10 months from now. I have a road trip coming but and wondering if this 1.25 cents/UR is a good ratio if booking hotels directly on chase.com. I usually fly business class and the conversion (after transfer to airline) could be 2-2.7c/UR

Thx

Last edited by mia; Jun 22, 2016 at 6:38 am Reason: Please do not post the same question in two threads.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by sam007
guys

I have a few hundred chase UR in my account and only plan to take a vacation that needs flights 10 months from now. I have a road trip coming but and wondering if this 1.25 cents/UR is a good ratio if booking hotels directly on chase.com. I usually fly business class and the conversion (after transfer to airline) could be 2-2.7c/UR

Thx
sam007 is online now Alert a moderator to this post
It really doesn't matter if the 1.25 cents/UR is a good ratio or not. With only a few hundred UR points you wouldn't even have enough to stay one night in a dump like a Motel 6.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:02 pm

actually meant a few hundred thousand, sorry
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by sam007
actually meant a few hundred thousand, sorry
You can do better than 1.25 by transferring to chase travel partners. If there is a Hyatt where you're going that would probably be you best bet. You can easily get redemption rates over 2 cents per point. If not I probably would save my points to use for flights.

There's also other ways of getting cheap rooms if you're not afraid to gamble a bit. There's always priceline and hotwire.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:53 pm

Best Way to Use My Ultimate Rewards

Hey guys,

I am new here. Due to a pretty urgent family matter, I need to go back to Taiwan from Los Angeles at the end of August... Since that is only 2 months away, I am trying to read and learn how to maximize my rewards. Hopefully some experts here can guide me in the right direction.

UR Points: 100,000
Airline (Preferably): EVA Air, China Airlines, or Cathay Pacific

Last edited by pkerofdarkness; Jun 24, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

First, you need to familiarize yourself with airline partners where you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points. They are United, Korean, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Southwest. Then, you need to identify which carriers fly between the cities of interest to you. You can look at flights.google.com. You can also identify which alliance the carriers are that you prefer to fly. For example, Eva and China Airlines is part of the Star Alliance, as are both United and Singapore Airlines. Cathay is part of OneWorld, as is British Airways,. Potentially you could transfer the points to a partner airline. But before you do, you want to determine if there are any award seats available. When I look at united.com, I see 8 days with coach award seats. On August 23, there is a connection via San Francisco to Taipei on Eva. This costs 30K points plus $5.60.

British Airways has quite a different scheme where award seats are priced per segment and length of each segment. This is unlikely to be cost effective for Cathay, as you'd have to fly to Hong Kong and then backtrack to Taipei. Still, you should check and educate yourself.

China Airlines is part of SkyTeam as is Korean Airlines.

I hope that gives you the idea of the process to use to determine if your UR points can be used for the ticket you want. Be aware that several airlines have close in ticketing fees. You'll want to book more than 21 days in advance to avoid them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.