Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve - VISA Infinite Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Sapphire Reserve - VISA Infinite Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wildcatz1
Did you ever use Visa Infinite for tickets ? Wondering how your experience was with them. Thanks
I have not yet, I see that Cirque's touring shows right now have changed their "signature sponsor" or whatever. Used to be Amex, then VISA, now some database company or something.

I also haven't bought tickets yet. I'm still debating on heading to a show in Seattle in the next month or so, in which case if I can't find a good ticket I'll probably call/email VISA and then maybe a show this fall in Portland...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
I have completely stopped using CSR's concierge, it's just pathetic. I now use AmEx Platinum Concierge and it is far better. One request was being handled really poorly (I asked them to help me find a cool cocktail-tasting date night for my wife; they kept setting deadlines for themselves, then asking for more time, then missing their deadlines, then repeating) until I asked to have a manager review it; one reached out to me shortly thereafter with profuse apologies and posted a $75 goodwill credit to my AmEx account.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Wow. Just... wow.

I called to try and get reservations at Joe Beef in Montreal. It was showing no reservations on the website so I figured "ok, that's what the concierge is for".

The lady I got said "well, I looked on the website, and they don't have any availability". I asked if there was any extra they could do to try and get a space and she said, I kid you not, "the website requires a login to make a reservation so we can't assist any further".

...?

Seriously?

Neil
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
In opposition to the Amex Platinum concierge, those Visa and Mastercard concierges are useless because the card issuers just want to claim having "concierge" as a perk and they outsource the service to a company that does it for several issuers, thus it negatively impacts the "personalized" aspect of the service and there is less accountability and motivation with regards to maximizing cardholder satisfaction.

Also, the mass-marketing of this kind of services negatively affects quality too.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:12 pm

Just a DP but I was able to get a table at Gaggan a few months back using concierge service.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:12 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
In opposition to the Amex Platinum concierge, those Visa and Mastercard concierges are useless because the card issuers just want to claim having "concierge" as a perk and they outsource the service to a company that does it for several issuers, thus it negatively impacts the "personalized" aspect of the service and there is less accountability and motivation with regards to maximizing cardholder satisfaction.

Also, the mass-marketing of this kind of services negatively affects quality too.
Not necessarily. I recently used the Citi Prestige concierge and they were very helpful. I wanted to make a reservation for a high end sushi restaurant in Tokyo for the same day but the problem was that no one at the restaurant spoke english when I called them. I called the concierge at 2pm for a 8.30pm reservation if possible and they were able to get me the reservation within two hours. I was pretty impressed.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
In the few times using the Infinite Concierge, I haven't been impressed at all. For restaurant reservations, I was read options off of Open Table and tour/day trip opportunities in Mexico were easily found on another site. No special restaurant/travel connections or discounts. Seems like glorified Google searching that takes 24-48 hours to give an answer.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:30 pm

Just wanted to say same here. I've used the AMEX concierge and they were helpful. The visa concierge are very nice and responsive, but they just don't have the hookup. You can use them as an assistant but not to get into anything exclusive of full
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Just wanted to say same here. I've used the AMEX concierge and they were helpful. The visa concierge are very nice and responsive, but they just don't have the hookup. You can use them as an assistant but not to get into anything exclusive of full
agreed, they won’t get you into certain events or restaurants but if you want a personal assistant to book you stuff and save time, it helps. AmEx also goes the extra mile to find alternatives, visa might find a less attractive alternative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.