Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve - VISA Infinite Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Sapphire Reserve - VISA Infinite Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Visa Infinite will no longer handle non-travel/dining requests

Much to my dismay, I sent a request in to Visa Infinite Concierge today and received this email back:

Thank you for choosing Visa Infinite Concierge to assist you with your request. Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with requests of this nature.

In an effort to maintain and develop our strengths, we have placed a focus on our core competencies and we would be happy to assist you with requests such as:

• Planning and arranging trips, including travel accommodations and airline reservations
• Securing dining reservations at award winning restaurants
• Obtaining tickets to events, including concerts, theater shows, and sports

In addition, as a Visa Signature cardholder, we can assist with purchasing tickets to popular entertainment and sporting events, unique dining experiences, and savings at popular premium retailers. Plus, receive the best available rate and VIP Guest status when you book through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection. Visit visa.com/signature for more details on benefits.

We sincerely thank you for choosing Visa Signature Concierge to assist you and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Visa Concierge.
Visa Infinite Concierge
[email protected]
It's very unfortunate. Every other concierge service I've used - Citi Prestige, AA Executive WMC, and even the base Citi AA cards - will assist with a variety of requests, which don't necessarily have to fall within those categories.

Very disappointing. As I've relied on these heavily in the past, I'm almost certain to downgrade my CSR back to a CSP.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:57 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by Steven6702
Much to my dismay, I sent a request in to Visa Infinite Concierge today and received this email back:

It's very unfortunate. Every other concierge service I've used - Citi Prestige, AA Executive WMC, and even the base Citi AA cards - will assist with a variety of requests, which don't necessarily have to fall within those categories.

Very disappointing. As I've relied on these heavily in the past, I'm almost certain to downgrade my CSR back to a CSP.
Most of the text of your letter is referencing Signature concierge, not Infinite. Perhaps there's not really any difference?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by CLG
Most of the text of your letter is referencing Signature concierge, not Infinite. Perhaps there's not really any difference?
That's really interesting, I hadn't noticed that. They do seem to be mixing up the products! Guess it could be the same people. Am I crazy for expecting that a premium card would carry a higher level of concierge service? Maybe I am, considering it's only $50/year more expensive than the Sapphire Preferred after the travel credit...
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

I've found that if you call in or reply to their email stating that they don't do the service and state that they have done it in the past.. they will do it ( but haven't gotten amazing results). I did this for visa signature and they changed their mind and did the task.

I do believe that the people are the same for visa signature and Infinite though
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Putting them to the try today.
I called Sapphire Reserve customer service line today, then had them transfer me to Visa Infinite Concierge Service. Asked them to book me a restaurant called RAW in Taipei, Taiwan. They were able to quickly locate the restaurant and put in my request. Said it will take 24-48 hrs before I hear a response back to them.

This place is known to be super hard to book. They only release reservation dates online 2 weeks in advance and one would need to get into the system at specific time to get the seating. They don't answer emails either. So hopefully Infinite Concierge will pull through. The rep said that he can see they booked the place before for other cardholders.

On the other hand, here's 2 list that VISA Infinite provided me as far as restaurants they have good connections with..
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
NY Restaurants.pdf (333.9 KB, 1362 views)
File Type: pdf
NY Omitted Restaurants.pdf (443.2 KB, 739 views)

Last edited by twkidM3; Dec 16, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by twkidM3

On the other hand, here's 2 list that VISA Infinite provided me as far as restaurants they have good connections with..
Does this list mean that they hold reservations at these restaurants? when you asked for them did they give you any definition of "good connections"?

Also it says "Ten group benefit" on the right but I thought that Visa Infinite wasn't the ten group but was a different concierge company?

Last edited by Kayakj; Dec 19, 2016 at 8:36 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Kayakj
Does this list mean that they hold reservations at these restaurants? when you asked for them did they give you any definition of "good connections"?

Also it says "Ten group benefit" on the right but I thought that Visa Infinite wasn't the ten group but was a different concierge company?
Not sure about the TenGroup thing. But that's what visa emailed me. Restaurants still have restrictions and don't bend any of it for them. They just told me that these are the list of restaurants they work very closely with.

As far as my previous post.. Visa wasn't able to secure a reservation for RAW (Taipei, Taiwan). Even thought this site claims RAW is on their special list. http://www.pointhacks.com.au/three-f...infinite-card/
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I emailed them for a list of restaurants they have connections with in DC and they responded with this. Fits with the general inconsistencies of the concierge and vast differences in responses depending on who answers the question.

"Thank you for having Visa Infinite Concierge assist with your request for information on restaurants in Washington, D.C.

We received your inquiry and appreciate you utilizing the Visa Concierge service. Because our relationships with restaurants change frequently, we are unable to provide you with a comprehensive list or ensure free amenities at any particular venue. We will, however, continue to assist in booking any restaurant which you request, regardless of our relationship with that establishment, and we will strive to ensure any extra amenities are provided whenever possible. "
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kayakj
I emailed them for a list of restaurants they have connections with in DC and they responded with this. Fits with the general inconsistencies of the concierge and vast differences in responses depending on who answers the question.

"Thank you for having Visa Infinite Concierge assist with your request for information on restaurants in Washington, D.C.

We received your inquiry and appreciate you utilizing the Visa Concierge service. Because our relationships with restaurants change frequently, we are unable to provide you with a comprehensive list or ensure free amenities at any particular venue. We will, however, continue to assist in booking any restaurant which you request, regardless of our relationship with that establishment, and we will strive to ensure any extra amenities are provided whenever possible. "
I talked to a rep while making the booking. During the phone call, I asked him the question and he offered to send me a list.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Oh. I wasn't doubting your list... Just stating that they were inconsistent in terms of what they will do and say
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:15 am

called visa concierge and disappointed the hear they need 24 hour advance notice for dinner reservations
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:41 am

Another DP on how useless Visa Infinite concierge is. Called them for a restaurant reservation in Paris (2 months in advance). Took them 2 days to tell me my date/time wasn't available, and another 3 days to try a new date/time that also wasn't available. I definitely don't consider the concierge service a "perk".
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:27 am

data point for CSR concierge....

emailed requesting assistance with a reservation at a 3-star restaurant in Paris for a weekend dinner a month out. i had previously emailed the restaurant (no response) and their online booking showed only lunch times available that day. i received a response to call. i called, provided more information including alternate times and dates. got an email two days later that they got the date/time i wanted (8PM on Sunday) and offered to reconfirm 48 hours in advance for me.

i'll definitely be using this service again.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:56 am

How good are they at ticket requests? And do they have more control then just checking to see if there is any seats left and emailing back that there are?

Example; I hate how some systems don't let you pick exact seats and instead will either just do "best available" or "best available in whatever section you pick". I 100% know for SURE that the seat on the VERY end of the row off on the side of the theater but one row closer then a seat behind it but in the center is NOT "best", but the system will select it because it's 30 inches closer to the stage or something. I'll play a game of adding seat by seat until I find the one I want and then purchasing that one and abandon the other orders so they become free again in the system, but that's a pain. Especially with things like Cirque du Soleil which will give you three wildly random seat options and makes the rest look sold already (when sometimes if you just change it to an odd number, like 7 seats or 11, it'll then show the whole row is empty, etc)

I would LOVE to be able to email them and ask for "a seat in row 4 through 7 with preference to whatever is closest to center of the row" or "any seat in section B but no closer then row five" or something. Would those requests be too specific for them or details they can't work toward? Can they book it directly for you and then charge your card, or would I still have to call the ticket place/event directly and ask for the specific seat (which could be sold 12-48 hours or however long it takes them to get back to me and for me to then see the email and call in)?

Do they ever have access to seats at shows that say sold out? Is it mainly just NY broadway or do they have some pull with national touring shows? Any extra pull for shows that mention VISA as a preferred partner? (Cirque du Soleil comes to mind as always name dropping VISA as a preferred partner/sponsor...)
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:57 pm

Did you ever use Visa Infinite for tickets ? Wondering how your experience was with them. Thanks

Originally Posted by acarney
How good are they at ticket requests? And do they have more control then just checking to see if there is any seats left and emailing back that there are?

Example; I hate how some systems don't let you pick exact seats and instead will either just do "best available" or "best available in whatever section you pick". I 100% know for SURE that the seat on the VERY end of the row off on the side of the theater but one row closer then a seat behind it but in the center is NOT "best", but the system will select it because it's 30 inches closer to the stage or something. I'll play a game of adding seat by seat until I find the one I want and then purchasing that one and abandon the other orders so they become free again in the system, but that's a pain. Especially with things like Cirque du Soleil which will give you three wildly random seat options and makes the rest look sold already (when sometimes if you just change it to an odd number, like 7 seats or 11, it'll then show the whole row is empty, etc)

I would LOVE to be able to email them and ask for "a seat in row 4 through 7 with preference to whatever is closest to center of the row" or "any seat in section B but no closer then row five" or something. Would those requests be too specific for them or details they can't work toward? Can they book it directly for you and then charge your card, or would I still have to call the ticket place/event directly and ask for the specific seat (which could be sold 12-48 hours or however long it takes them to get back to me and for me to then see the email and call in)?

Do they ever have access to seats at shows that say sold out? Is it mainly just NY broadway or do they have some pull with national touring shows? Any extra pull for shows that mention VISA as a preferred partner? (Cirque du Soleil comes to mind as always name dropping VISA as a preferred partner/sponsor...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.