Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase CC's -- Commercial online acct v. personal Chase online act

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Hey All--

This seems like the best place to post this. I apologize if it's misplaced.

HISTORY:

I've got a couple of checking accounts with Chase, strictly for personal use. I manage them online. No problem. I use a personal email account for it.

But I've noticed after applying (and now receiving) the Chase Business Ink card, for which I gave a corp e-mail address, that somehow these accounts became conflated and I started receiving configured notices that previously had gone to my personal e-mail account, now going to corp email account.

I logged on and fixed that issue and have all personal account notices now being sent to personal email, and I've removed the corp email from that account (which again I never noted on that on-line account).

CURRENT PROBLEM/QUESTION:

I'd like to register this Ink card online, but everytime I attempt to register a new account, Chase keeps defaulting to my personal account.

They give options for "personal" accounts and "business or both" accounts. (But curiously, not business only.

I also get an error message that notes that Chase Commercial doesn't handle personal accounts, and is a distinct entity, but I continue to be unable to register the card, despite going to the link in the materials: chase.com/ink -- I think I want to register this account though some Chase Commercial portal, no? But I just can't seem to get to it.

It appears to me (at this point at least) to be some bizarre Catch-22.

I'll get on the phone tomorrow morning to try to get it sorted, but that could be a very long telephone conversation

Anyone come across this problem before? And if you have both Chase personal bank accounts and a Chase Business account (for the chase business credit card), have you been able to create distinct logins for each type of account?

Yes, I gave my SSN for my personal accounts and I gave my SSN for the Chase Business INK card (in addition to giving corp info and Federal ID number and office address). I'm merely an officer of the corporation, and financially, it's a distinct thing (though I realize that individual card holders are still liable if the company bails on the agreement), so I'd rather be able to keep my personal and corporate accounts distinct. Esp. when someone in A/P is going to need the logon info to set up automatic bill pay for the credit card and because I'd like to allow them to logon to pull up statements and vet charges and whatnot.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Salter5
Hey All--

This seems like the best place to post this. I apologize if it's misplaced.

HISTORY:

I've got a couple of checking accounts with Chase, strictly for personal use. I manage them online. No problem. I use a personal email account for it.

But I've noticed after applying (and now receiving) the Chase Business Ink card, for which I gave a corp e-mail address, that somehow these accounts became conflated and I started receiving configured notices that previously had gone to my personal e-mail account, now going to corp email account.

I logged on and fixed that issue and have all personal account notices now being sent to personal email, and I've removed the corp email from that account (which again I never noted on that on-line account).

CURRENT PROBLEM/QUESTION:

I'd like to register this Ink card online, but everytime I attempt to register a new account, Chase keeps defaulting to my personal account.

They give options for "personal" accounts and "business or both" accounts. (But curiously, not business only.

I also get an error message that notes that Chase Commercial doesn't handle personal accounts, and is a distinct entity, but I continue to be unable to register the card, despite going to the link in the materials: chase.com/ink -- I think I want to register this account though some Chase Commercial portal, no? But I just can't seem to get to it.

It appears to me (at this point at least) to be some bizarre Catch-22.

I'll get on the phone tomorrow morning to try to get it sorted, but that could be a very long telephone conversation

Anyone come across this problem before? And if you have both Chase personal bank accounts and a Chase Business account (for the chase business credit card), have you been able to create distinct logins for each type of account?

Yes, I gave my SSN for my personal accounts and I gave my SSN for the Chase Business INK card (in addition to giving corp info and Federal ID number and office address). I'm merely an officer of the corporation, and financially, it's a distinct thing (though I realize that individual card holders are still liable if the company bails on the agreement), so I'd rather be able to keep my personal and corporate accounts distinct. Esp. when someone in A/P is going to need the logon info to set up automatic bill pay for the credit card and because I'd like to allow them to logon to pull up statements and vet charges and whatnot.
If you have a Chase Ink card you need to create a separate login (just check business or both) for the card apart from your personal accounts. After you have that set up you can call Chase and have the two accounts merged so you can access both your business and personal cards with one login. They will however merge the accounts only to your new business card login and your old personal account login will no longer work.

If you want to keep them separate you will just have to use two separate logins.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Irish80
If you have a Chase Ink card you need to create a separate login (just check business or both) for the card apart from your personal accounts. After you have that set up you can call Chase and have the two accounts merged so you can access both your business and personal cards with one login. They will however merge the accounts only to your new business card login and your old personal account login will no longer work.

If you want to keep them separate you will just have to use two separate logins.
old account sign in will always work, it just wont show the business ink card, only personal.

Also to note, u will lose quickpay and your external account links. Had this happen to me and i needed to call Chase to have them fix everything...
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Irish80
Thanks. I don't think my post is clear (nor concise enough!). I attempted to create a separate login (by checking business or both), and I was unable to create it despite choosing the business or both option. I just keep getting the error message that Chase Commercial doesn't allow personal accounts. Which I don't want (And I'm using a separate login and everything). So, I suppose a telephone call is necessary.

Indeed, this is exactly what I want: two separate logins. Accounts distinct to each.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuBu4
old account sign in will always work, it just wont show the business ink card, only personal.

Also to note, u will lose quickpay and your external account links. Had this happen to me and i needed to call Chase to have them fix everything...
Thanks for add'l info. It looks like I'll be giving them a call!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.