Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

I recently signed up the DW for the csp so now I am looking to downgrade my csp to the chase freedom before the AF and to take advantage of the current freedom spend catagories.
My question is, can you receive the refer a friend bonus for the friend signing up for the csp on a csp that has been downgraded?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:26 pm

I have the same question. Anyway, I already sent the referral. But my friend hasn't got the invitation email yet.

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
I recently signed up the DW for the csp so now I am looking to downgrade my csp to the chase freedom before the AF and to take advantage of the current freedom spend catagories.
My question is, can you receive the refer a friend bonus for the friend signing up for the csp on a csp that has been downgraded?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I sent a referral, my friend signed up, and two months later no signup bonus. Does anyone know how long it takes? She has received hers already.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:05 pm

Chase Card Referral Issues [consolidated]

Hi fellow Fter's I received an email from chase where I could refer people to my Chase Sapphire card. I filled out the online form, submitted, but no one has received their invitation from Chase via email. Chase says they are blocked or in Spam...etc. But one of them is my husband, one is my mother. So I have been watching both of their accounts and the emails are not coming. I have checked all of the avenues. Does anyone have any suggestions. I don't want lose the opportunity to get their referral bonus's. Thanks!!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamamy
Hi fellow Fter's I received an email from chase where I could refer people to my Chase Sapphire card. I filled out the online form, submitted, but no one has received their invitation from Chase via email. Chase says they are blocked or in Spam...etc. But one of them is my husband, one is my mother. So I have been watching both of their accounts and the emails are not coming. I have checked all of the avenues. Does anyone have any suggestions. I don't want lose the opportunity to get their referral bonus's. Thanks!!
I have same issue with Ink referral emails. 2 months ago the referrals arrived timely. This month, it does not go to the recipient's email address - they checked both spam and promotion folders (gmail accounts), but Nope, not there. Something is not working with Chase referral email function that is all I can guess. Chase is not helping at all.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:04 pm

For CSP (not for INK), Chase also allows to "share the offer" via Facebook and/or Twitter. Why not just do one of those, then copy the link's address to send to your friends or simply send your friends the link to that post?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Send yourself one, then forward it to your relatives.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:43 am

Anyone else having the Ink 10k referral emails sent? I have tried referring my wife twice with 2 different email addresses but chase never sent either email. It does say if the person opted out they will not get referred but I am sure I have requested the email be sent to emails we never used with Chase.

I'd hate to have her apply without me getting the 10k referral but I need to get the app in before the 5/24 rule takes effect.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mileshound
Anyone else having the Ink 10k referral emails sent? I have tried referring my wife twice with 2 different email addresses but chase never sent either email. It does say if the person opted out they will not get referred but I am sure I have requested the email be sent to emails we never used with Chase.

I'd hate to have her apply without me getting the 10k referral but I need to get the app in before the 5/24 rule takes effect.
It can take a really long time (up to 3 weeks) but will send eventually. Use the Twitter link if one is available.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 pm

Experienced the same issue in the past month. Sent 3 referrals and tried different email addresses. The first one arrived almost 10 days later at email1. About 4 days after that the second referral hit email2. The third referral has yet to even get to email3. No idea what the issue is.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
How long does it take for Freedom refer a friend links to hit recipient email? Sent one more than a week ago but recipients haven't received it yet.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
How long does it take for Freedom refer a friend links to hit recipient email? Sent one more than a week ago but recipients haven't received it yet.
It is very slow. If you go to share on twitter or facebook, it will give you a URL that you can send to your friend.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aza72
It is very slow. If you go to share on twitter or facebook, it will give you a URL that you can send to your friend.
The Twitter and fb option were available for the CSP but not for Freedom. Very frustrating.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by mileshound

It took me 2 weeks to get the link. Be patient
And there was no twitter link option
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by mbfanos
It took me 2 weeks to get the link. Be patient
And there was no twitter link option
Ah. Good to know. Thanks. I'll be patient. : )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.